ChampCar Endurance Series BCCR Petition Form - 2022 BCCR
Effective 14 January 2015 (re-posted November 13, 2020)
Revised BCCR Update and Petition Process:
A. The Basic Club and Competition Rules (BCCR) shall be updated annually and released to the membership on 1 September of every year.
B. The updated BCCR, released on 1 September, shall take full effect on 1 January of the following year, thereby providing a minimum of 4 months' notice and action time for any change.
C. The membership may petition the Board of Directors for amendments to the BCCR, under the following guidelines and requirements:
Petitions must include your email address, name, AND membership identification number. Within the petition:
Identify the issue, as you perceive it. Reference any existing rule(s) that pertains to the issue.
Identify, if possible, your understanding of why the current rule or process was initiated and put into place (this is requested to confirm some general understanding of the larger picture; however, if you do not have such an understanding, proceed to Step #3)
Propose a solution or revised rule. Petitions received without a solution will NOT be reviewed or discussed by the Board of Directors. Make sure that your solution is well-thought-out and encompasses the following considerations:
Single-class of racing
Endurance races of lengths between 7 hours and 24 hours
All vehicle makes and models as listed in the VPI List of the BCCR
Drivers and crew of all capabilities, including members with handicaps
No preferential emphasis is provided to any car type
Meets generally accepted safety rules mandated by various motorsports tracks, recognized safety organizations, and insurance providers
No preferential emphasis is provided to mechanical, manufacturing, and/or fabrication tools or equipment beyond typical hand tools found in most home garages and/or is available from general, non-specialty retailers.
Provide a list of the positive changes and/or rationale for implementing the proposed solution or revised rule.
*** Please use
to request VPI changes ***
Upon receipt of a submitted petition:
1. All petitions to amend the BCCR will be reviewed based on scheduled Board meetings
2. All submitted petitions must be received on or before 30 days prior to the next scheduled Board meeting.
3. Submitted petitions will be initially reviewed by an anonymous and designated ChampCar Official for the appropriate format, content, and duplication; only petitions meeting initial review will be forwarded to the Board.
4. All petitions meeting the initial review will be issued an identification number (random, in no specific order).
5. A summary (downloadable PDF) of all accepted petitions (with reference numbers) will be posted on the ChampCar website and Forum for membership review and comment.
6. Comments by members to the posted petitions must include the commenting member's name AND membership identification number. The failure of the commenter to provide either of these will result in the removal and discard of the comment.
7. All member comments must be e-mailed to
(providing a 15-day review and comment period); comments must be short, concise, and to the point.
8. All accepted and forwarded petitions will be discussed at a meeting of the Board of Directors and the National Director of Tech and Safety.
9. All approved petitions will be posted on the ChampCar.org website, concurrent with the release of the updated annual BCCR.
10. The sole caveat to this process shall remain that safety, legal, and/or insurance requirements may be implemented at any time and without prior notice to, or review and comment by, the membership.
DO NOT CUT AND PASTE DIRECTLY FROM THE BCCR OR A WORD DOCUMENT INTO THIS FORM.
TYPE OUT THE SECTION, OR, USE A TEXT EDITOR TO REMOVE ALL FORMATING.
ChampCar Member Name
ChampCar Member Number
ChampCar Member email address
Identify the issue, as you perceive it:
Identify, if possible, your understanding of why the current rule or process was initiated and put into place:
Propose a solution or revised rule:
Provide a list of the positive changes and/or rationale for implementing the proposed solution or revised rule:
Any additional information:
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service