Summer is coming to a close and the 2019-2020 school year is about to begin. The AWANA start date is September 11th. This means another great year of AWANA is on its way.
Here at Berean Community Church we offer AWANA for ages 3 through 9th grade. AWANA is a Bible memorization and discipleship program that is committed to advancing a child's relationship with Christ by being centered on God's Word.
We would like to encourage you, your children, and children that are within your sphere of influence to be a part of this rewarding Christian ministry.
Please review the following BCC guidelines for participation in the AWANA program.
AWANA Parental Guidelines:
1. We ask a parent, caregiver, or consenting adult to stay for the evening.
2. BCC offers weekly Wednesday Bible Study/Prayer Meeting @ 6:30 pm for participating adults and teens.
AWANA Cost: $10 per registered child. Payment is due on the first evening of child participation. (Please speak to Brian if you have a financial hardship. We don't want your child to miss out!) Guests participate for free. Club bags are optional and must be purchased in addition to the $10 per registered child fee.
BCC Child Sickness Guidelines
1. A child must be symptom-free for 24 hours before returning to the AWANA program.
2. Sickness covers the following but is not limited to: fever, vomiting, diarrhea, rash, persistent cough, or any obvious
contagious condition such as head lice or pink eye.
3. BCC asks that with any undiagnosed sickness that you err on the side of caution.
AWANA is a disciplined discipleship program.
1. Please commit to helping your child through the AWANA book sections and Scripture memorization.
2. BCC reserves the right to withhold game privileges from children whose participation in their Handbook is below what BCC considers to be acceptable. In this case further instruction in the Handbook will be substituted for game-time.
3. BCC AWANA servants are committed to helping you make your child wise unto salvation and seeing children grow
to love and obey the Lord.
4. BCC and AWANA offer lots of opportunities to earn points and awards such as: being on time, bringing your Bible and friends Bringing your friends; wearing your AWANA vest or T-Shirt; memorizing you Bible verses, and completing Handbook assignments.
5. Parent and child diligence is rewarded with AWANA dollars to spend at a Christmas and Spring store.
Special Evenings/Events: The AWANA program offers a special evening and events of fun. Dates and themes for these special evenings/events are laid out on the AWANA calendar.
In order to promote unity
1. Students of AWANA are required wear their AWANA vest or T-shirt to each AWANA meeting.
2. We order new t-shirts or vests when a child moves between programs or if they outgrow a current shirt. Please make
sure to select an accurate size on the registration form.
In order to minimize distractions
1. BCC asks families to be on time.
2. Participating children in the sanctuary at the start of songs will receive an extra AWANA dollar.
3. BCC asks children not to use cell phones, MP3 players, or other personal electronics while participating in the evening's program.
Opening Night of AWANA
1. Please go to the Welcome Center. You will find a student list designating your child's AWANA group and group
location. (Location by color)
2. Doors to the gym will open at 6:10 p.m. Check-in time is from 6:10-6:20 p.m.
3. Assemble at your child's group; meet your child's leaders, and sign-in.
4. After sign-in, your child will stay with leaders through out the evening.
5. Please return to the sanctuary at 7:45 p.m. for check out.
No child will be released from their AWANA group without a parent signing them out.
The AWANA nightly schedule is as follows:
5:30 - 6:10 Dinner
6:10 Sanctuary opens for AWANA students
6:10 - 6:20 Sign-in
6:20 - 6:35 Announcements / Song / Catechism
6:35 - 7:35 AWANA Sections & Scripture memorization / Games
7:35 - 7:45 Awards, Sign-out
A link for this year's week-by-week calendar is available here:
Questions may be directed to Brian James at
or (302) 542-9194. We look forward to helping you train your child in the way he or she should go. To God be the glory!
Page 1 of 9
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Berean Community Church.
Terms of Service