Nickel 48-Hour Horror Challenge 2019
The Nickel Independent Film Festival's notorious filmmaking challenge is back for its eighth year! Can you make a horror movie in 48 hours? Of course you can!
The Nickel's 48-Hour Horror Film Challenge 2019 is a free creative challenge to anyone to write, shoot and edit a short film of five minutes or less from 7pm on October 11th to 7pm on October 13th. It’s not a contest, it's free to participate, and registration is open until the challenge closes.
Submitted horror films can be any length below 5 minutes, and can fall under any of the sub-genres of horror.
Each team will receive an email with a prop and line of dialogue which must appear in each film. For a complete list of rules, please see below.
PUBLIC SCREENING PARTY
Monday, October 14 at Spirit of Newfoundland, 7pm
Any questions? Email
Other team members?
Social media links?
So we can check out what you're up to on the challenge weekend!
Where are you located?
I agree to not do anything that endangers myself or others, or to break any laws for the sake of this film.
Please don't blow yourselves up, for heaven's sake!
The 48-Hour Horror Challenge Rules
• Writing, shooting and editing must take place between October 11th at 7pm and October 13th at 7pm.
• Maximum film length is five minutes, including titles and credits. Shorter films are totally welcome, though!
• Completed films are to be uploaded to the challenge Dropbox by 7pm on October 13th.
• We are not obligated to screen every film submitted. We reserve the right to not show a film we find inappropriate for our audience for any reason.
• Filmmakers are responsible for ensuring they have permission to use any locations, subjects, music, sound effects or stock footage featured in their work.
• Your completed film is your intellectual property and you retain the rights, but by submitting you give the organizers royalty-free permission to show and sample your film for Challenge-related events and promotion.
• Participants under 18 must ensure they have express permission from a parent or guardian to participate.
• Have so much fun!!!
I have read and will follow the rules above.
Thank you! Tell your friends! We'll send you details by email closer to the 11th!
We will send you challenge-related updates periodically by email, so check your spam folder occasionally just in case! If you have any questions, email us at
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service