CPCC's ACA 118 - College Study Skills, invites students enrolled in ACA 118 to enter the "Master Student Essay Scholarship" Contest. Seven winners will be chosen each semester (Fall and Spring only) from the applicants to receive scholarship awards of $600.00 each. Winners will be chosen by a team of instructors and administrators from CPCC.
How to Apply:
1. Applicants must be enrolled in ACA 118 during the semester they submit an essay to win. Previous ACA 118 scholarship awardees are not eligible.
2. Applicants must be in good academic standing with the college (GPA of 2.0 or higher) and maintain a passing grade in their ACA 118 class.
3. Applicants must be high school graduates or have their GED to win.
4. Write an essay answering the question, "What is a Master Student?" This essay should not exceed 750 words.
5. Submit your essay using the form below.
6. No hard copy submissions will be accepted.
7. Essays will be judged by administrators and instructors from CPCC. Winners will be announced during finals week in Fall and Spring semesters.
8. Winners will be notified by e-mail or telephone and will receive a $600.00 credit in their CPCC account to be used for tuition and/or books here at CPCC valid for 1 semester from date of issuance.
9. Submit materials no later than November 15th for the fall semester and April 15th for the spring semester.
10. Students be must currently enrolled at CPCC to receive the funds. Students must be in good financial standing with the college and not have any outstanding financial balance.
For more information, please contact Jennifer Perkins, Chair of ACA 118 Scholarship Committee, at 704-330-6753.
*By submitting your essay to this contest you hereby authorize CPCC and/or its assignees or licensees to use your essay in commercially prepared materials or advertising of those materials. Permission is granted to make changes or alterations and to use your name in editorial works or advertising.