The NVIDIA Synthetic Head Dataset is a resource for researchers in the field of dynamic facial analysis. The database was acquired at NVIDIA Corporation, 2701 San Tomas Expressway, Santa Clara, CA 95050, USA (hereafter NVIDIA). NVIDIA retains complete copyright ownership of the head (depth, color, and infra-red stereo pair videos and ground truth labels) data. NVIDIA makes the database publicly available solely for the purposes of research subject to the following restrictions.
User agrees to the following restrictions on use of videos and data from the NVIDIA Synthetic Head Dataset:
1. Usage: The NVIDIA Dynamic Synthetic Head Dataset is intended for research purposes only and may not be used for any commercial purposes. The NVIDIA Synthetic Head Dataset is to be used only for research (development and testing) on algorithms for automated head pose estimation. The videos in the database must not be used in any way that could compromise the dignity of the human subject depicted in the image.
2. Commercialization: The User will not promote or sell any part of the contents of the NVIDIA Synthetic Head Dataset, or associate any phrase or logo with the contents of the NVIDIA Synthetic Head Dataset, either directly or indirectly. The NVIDIA Synthetic Head Dataset is distributed on a not-for-profit basis and the User agrees to make no for-profit use or commercialization of the database without the written permission from NVIDIA.
3. Duplication: The User is granted access to the database only for the purpose of their own internal research work. The User will not duplicate, share, publish, modify or copy the NVIDIA Synthetic Head Dataset in any way, even with other research or development groups within User’s organization or company. The User will not publish digital copies of any part of the NVIDIA Synthetic Head Dataset on any digital recording medium, on any Internet web site or ftp site, or by email, without consent from NVIDIA.
4. Citations: All manuscripts that are submitted for publication to any publisher or journal or conference or other venue, or that are posted on any Internet website or ftp site or sent by email, and that use images or contain images from the NVIDIA Synthetic Head Dataset, or that report on research results that made use of the videos or data within the NVIDIA Synthetic Head Dataset, must make the following appropriate citation to the database.
J. Gu, X. Yang, S. De Mello, and J. Kautz, “Dynamic Facial Analysis: From Bayesian Filtering to Recurrent Neural Networks”, in IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR) 2017, July 2017.
5. Indemnification: NVIDIA gives no warranty as to the accuracy, identity, or verifiability of any of the videos or data within the NVIDIA Synthetic Head Dataset. User agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless NVIDIA and its Board of Directors, officers, employees and agents, individually and collectively, from any and all losses, expenses, damages, demands and/or claims based upon any such injury or damage (real or alleged) and shall pay all damages, claims, judgments or expenses resulting from User’s use of the NVIDIA Synthetic Head Dataset.
The User must abide by the provisions of this Participant Agreement or permission to use the images and data will be revoked. The NVIDIA Synthetic Head Dataset will be made available to User via an Internet site revealed upon acceptance of this Participant agreement by the User. There will be no charge for data made available and downloaded via the Internet.