Infosec Job Descriptions Suck
Thank you for helping me out with this. I'm compiling samples of bad security job descriptions and appreciate you submitting the ones you've sesen. What do I mean by bad job descriptions, well here are some examples of things we see a lot in bad job descriptions:
* Entry-level roles requiring significant levels of experience (3-5 years)
* Unrealistic/impossible technology experience requirements (10 years of Kubernetes experience)
* Improbable/impossible certification requirements (Internship requiring a CISSP)
* Illegal conditions (asking for a specific gender, excluding specific racial profiles - yes, I've seen them out there)
* Requiring applicants to share confidential information or intellectual property from previous employers
If you have seen an example of this, please share a link in the form below. If for some reason you can't or are unwilling to share a link, please at least copy and paste the job description into the long answer section below. If you don't mind doing both, that's even better still.
What makes this job description bad?
Experience required for entry level
Unrealistic/Impossible technology experience
Certification requirement is unrealistic
Requiring submission of confidential information or intellectual property
Please provide a link to the job description:
Alternatively, please copy and paste the job description here:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service