Blackbird Art Sale 2020
In an effort to highlight local talent, the Blackbird Film Festival is currently seeking artists (of any medium) interested in creating art THEMED around the various films featured in the festival. Artists will have the option to decide the medium and size of the piece (typically 8x11) to be created. While artist are ALLOWED to set their own prices, we strongly encourage pieces be priced between $25 and $30 each as higher priced items may be unlikely to sell.
HOW THIS WORKS:
1) If interested, please complete the form below and click SUBMIT!
2) Blackbird will contact you shortly and set up a Filmfreeway account for you to view specific films.
3) Artists are then able to view assigned films and begin creating!
4) All completed artwork is DUE to Blackbird no later than April 20th, 2020.
5) Artwork will be displayed (on tables / walls) during the festival weekend (May 1st - May 3rd) and filmmakers and attendees will be able to purchase artwork.
6) Blackbird staff will handle all art sales and artists will receive a check the week following the festival!
ABOUT THE FILMS:
1) Featured films are made by filmmakers from around the world!
2) On average, each film is approximately 10 minutes long.
3) Blackbird will do its best to pair artists with filmmakers we KNOW will be in attendance to increase the chance of your artwork being purchased
1) Artwork should NOT be framed.
2) Artwork should be THEMED around the films you are assigned.
3) ALL profits will be returned to the artist (Blackbird does NOT take a cut).
4) Artwork must be received no later than April 20th, 2020.
More information about the Blackbird Film Festival can be found at
If interested in applying, please complete the form below:
Below is a scanned 8x11 sketch made for the short film, Dirty Old Man, that features a modest ink drawing of the protagonist with a quick dialogue blurb from the film. This piece successfully sold for $30.
Artist Phone Number (Optional)
MAILING ADDRESS FOR PAYMENT
Address Line #1
Address Line #2
ARTWORK / STYLE
Please describe the medium you work in?
Paint? Charcoal? Ink? Etc.
This information will help us assign the best films for you
Preferred Film Genre / Theme?
Check all that interest you
Family Friendly ONLY
Immigration / Politics
Futuristic / Science Fiction
Love / Heartache / Romance
Films about LGBTQ issues
Films about Marriage / Divorce
Films about Monsters / Zombies / Aliens
Coming of Age Films / Growing Up
How many films would you like to create artwork for?
Please know that Blackbird will assign more films as artwork is completed.
Is there anything you would like Blackbird to know about you or your artwork?
Please click SUBMIT to complete this application!
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service