Georgia 2020 Virtual German Teacher Conference
GaDOE World Languages in collaboration with AATG Ga are pleased to announce a fall virtual workshop and conference opportunity. - Call for Presenters
Saturday, October 24th, 8:30am - 3pm. (This year's event will be virtual so presenters must have a secure internet connection and computer hardware to participate) - Sessions may be both live and recorded or a moderated discussion involving a topic of interest to teachers of German.
Presented by the Georgia Department of Education World Languages and AATG Georgia. Partners also include the German Consulate of Atlanta, the German American Cultural Foundation, Goethe-Zentrum Atlanta, The Goethe Institute and the Central Agency for Schools Abroad.
Call for Proposals
Deadline for Submissions: Thursday, October 1st 2020.
The Georgia Department of Education, World Languages is soliciting proposals for the first ever virtual Fall German teacher Conference. This is an opportunity to share effective models, practices, research and information to provide your colleagues with insights that address the many needs of German language and cultural education. Please consider leading a session! Submission deadline is Thursday, October 1st, 2020.
The 2020 German Teacher Virtual Conference is designed to give German teachers a comprehensive fall professional development opportunity to reconnect with other German teachers across Georgia and the nation
in order to share best practices. This year's event will feature its own Conference website, opening session and then a full day of online sessions with teachers sharing with fellow teachers. Networking chat rooms will also be made available during the conference as well. Session presenters can present their sessions live or pre-record their sessions to be made available during the conference.
While all session proposals are welcome and will be considered, higher priority will be given to those that address one of the following areas.
* Strategies for teaching German in a virtual environment
* Digital resources to enhance German instruction at all levels
* Partnerships and Programs to support German teachers
* Best practices for Virtual or F2F exchanges with Germany.
* Strategies for increasing learner proficiency in German.
* Strategies for incorporating Culture into your lessons.
* Recruitment, training and retention of German teachers.
* Connecting learning to the workforce and career skills.
Guidelines for Proposals
1. Do not list individuals as secondary presenters unless you have a definite commitment that they will present.
2. Do not submit a proposal unless you can present your session online and/or record the session. Live sessions will be scheduled from 9:00 am - 3pm.
3. Presenters may not use any conference presentations to market products or services; an online exhibitor website with chat rooms run by the various sponsors will be available for that purpose.
4. This year's conference will be online so presenters will need access to a stable internet connection and the necessary computer hardware in order to broadcast their session.
5. All sessions will be allotted a time slot of 50 minutes.
Completing the 2020 German Teacher Conference Proposal Application Form
1. Be sure that your session title clearly describes exactly what the session is about and is no more than 10 words. Avoid abbreviations and acronyms that don't clearly explain the session's content. We reserve the right to edit session titles.
2. Limit your description to 75 words. We reserve the right to edit session descriptions. Describe specific presentation techniques that you will be using—such as interactive, lecture, or multimedia—so that participants will know what kind of session they will be attending. Describe what you will be doing in the session and what the participants can expect to leave with.
3. Presenters are responsible for their own virtual handouts.
If you wish to share your presentation or any other materials, submit those PDF documents via
Submissions must be received no later than Thursday, October 1st , 2020.
If you have questions contact us at 404-651-8373 or at
Primary Presenter Last Name
Current School/District & State
Secondary Presenter (if applicable)
Primary Presenter Phone Number (Work)
Primary Presenter Phone Number (Cell)
Primary Presenter Organization and Address
Presentation Time Preference (Check all that apply)
9:00 - 9:50
10:00 - 10:50
11:00 - 11:50
1:00 - 1:50
2:00 - 2:50
Which option would you prefer?
Present in a live online session
Present via recorded session
Audience (Check all that apply)
Grade levels K-5 & Immersion
Grade levels 6-8
Grade levels 9-12
Title of Presentation
Brief Description of Presentation (Max 75 words)
Brief Bio (Less than 50 words)
What contact email and or information would you like to provide to online participants of your session?
l understand that if my proposal is accepted, GaDOE is authorized to use pictures and video clips of the workshop presenters as well as excerpts from the presentation.
I understand the above term and assure that all the information in this proposal is accurate to the best of my knowledge.
I give permission for my name and addresses to be shared with workshop vendors/sponsors and printed in the workshop program.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service