THIS TRAINING IS NOW FULL & CLOSED. IF INTERESTED IN BEING ADDED TO WAIT LIST, CONTINUE "REGISTERING" ON THIS PAGE FOR THE WAIT LIST. Registration for HFA Regional FFS Core Training - Arkansas - January 13-17, 2020
PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING:
• This registration page is ONLY for the HFA Foundations for Family Support (FFS, formerly ISHV) Core Training scheduled for January 13-17, 2020 in Arkansas.
• The registration DEADLINE for this training is set for Wednesday, December 18 (end of business day, Pacific Standard Time).
• Please submit ONE regional training request per person.
• If you have any questions or concerns about the training, please contact Maritza Noriega (HFA Training Manager) either by email at
or by phone at (520) 470-7480.
THIS TRAINING IS NOW FULL & CLOSED. IF INTERESTED IN BEING ADDED TO WAIT LIST, CONTINUE "REGISTERING" ON THIS PAGE FOR THE WAIT LIST. Foundations for Family Support (FFS, formerly ISHV) Training
(Also known as the FSS/Home Visiting Core Training)
WHERE & WHEN?
• Location: Little Rock, Arkansas
• Training location: Plaza West Office Building, 415 N. McKinley St., Little Rock, AR 72205 (1st floor East Conference Room - behind Security desk)
• Date: January 13-17, 2020
• Times: Monday-Thursday from 8:30am-4:30pm daily (for direct staff and supervisors/program managers); Friday from 8:30am-3:30pm (for supervisors/program managers only). Please note that for Friday (supervisor day), the end time will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to, the number of registered supervisors, the experience within the group and their needs, etc.
DESCRIPTION OF THE FFS CORE TRAINING?
• The Foundations for Family Support (FFS) training is an in-depth, formalized training required for all home visitors, supervisors and program managers. The training outlines the specific duties of the home visitor in their role within Healthy Families America. Topics include, but are not limited to: trauma informed practice, communication skills, assessing, addressing, and promoting positive parent-child relationships, creating a trusting alliance with families, goal setting, and strategies to enhance family functioning, address difficult situations, and ensure healthy childhood development.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS TRAINING?
• Please note that this training is capped at 16 participants maximum, and also has a minimum requirement of 10 in order for the training to take place. If you have more than 8 staff that need this training, please consider hosting a training. For more information, contact Maritza Noriega at
HOW MUCH DOES THE TRAINING COST?
• $675 per person (manual included)
• $215 additional for Supervisors and Program Managers for 5th day (manual included)
• Travel costs for your staff are NOT included in the above-mentioned fees.
HOW TO PAY FOR THE TRAINING?
• Once you register, you will be receiving a confirmation email from Maritza Noriega with information about the training. Four to six (4-6) weeks before the training, you will receive an invoice from Phyllis Medrano. To request an earlier invoice, contact Phyllis Medrano at
. Once you submit this registration, you will be accepting the Cancellation Policy's terms and conditions, including responsibility for notifying Maritza Noriega ASAP via email (at
) with any changes in participant status.
When trainees submit a registration for training, they are accepting the Cancellation Policy's terms and conditions, including responsibility for notifying Maritza Noriega (HFA Training Manager) as quickly as possible via email with any changes in participant status. For trainees needing to cancel a training registration, the Cancellation Policy timing begins with the date and time stamp on the cancellation request email received by Maritza Noriega. Cancellation Fees are calculated by:
- Cancellations received at least 30 days prior to training: no fee.
- Cancellations received 0-29 days prior to training: fee will be 100% of training cost.
- Substitutions that do not require additional invoicing will be permitted at no cost.
Wait List Policy
Each training has a specific maximum number of participants. If registrations beyond the maximum number of participants are received, HFA provides a Wait List opportunity.
Once a training is at its capacity, those wishing to register will receive a Wait List email that confirms a spot on the Wait List based on the date the registration request is received. At this point, trainee responsibilities include:
(1) Confirm with Maritza Noriega (via email) the desire to remain on the Wait List.
(2) Wait listed staff will receive an email from Maritza Noriega if a cancellation occurs.
(3) Wait listed staff will confirm or release the wait list spot via email to Maritza Noriega within 2 business days.
(4) Maritza Noriega will send an official confirmation email for those confirmed in the open spot.
(5) At this point, the HFA Cancellation Policy applies to this registration, and any additional registrations made.
(6) It is the trainee’s responsibility to cancel any future training registrations that may no longer be needed within the timeframes specified above. For duplicate registrations cancelled within 0-29 days of the training, the full cost of the training will be charged, as that spot has been held for the registrant and restricted others in the network from registering.
HFAST (Healthy Families America Site Tracker)
The HFA national office is now using HFAST for trainings. Trainees are now required to have an account in HFAST so that, after the training, they are able to login, complete the evaluation (feedback form) and obtain their training certificates. Please ensure that the staff you have registered for this training are entered on the site or organization's staff list in HFAST (at
) ASAP. For the Updating Site and Staff Information in HFAST guide, go to:
. If you have any other questions, please let Maritza Noriega know.
Travel Information for Registrants
• Plaza West Office Building, 415 N. McKinley St., Little Rock, AR 72205 (1st floor East Conference Room - behind Security desk)
Airports (most accessible)?
• Clinton National Airport (LIT) - website:
• There are two hotels that are within a mile of the training location. If registrants tell the hotel that they are attending a training hosted by Arkansas Children’s Hospital, they should receive a discount on room rates:
Four Points by Sheraton Little Rock Midtown
925 South University Ave
Little Rock AR 72204
Staybridge Suites Little Rock-Medical Center
1020 South University Ave
Little Rock AR 72204
• ATTENTION: HFA does not recommend or suggest hotels to participants. The best way to go about finding a hotel is based on your own criteria/discretion (e.g., location of hotel, distance of hotel from training, costs, etc.). The easiest way to find a hotel that you may prefer is to conduct an internet search (using search engines such as: Google, Bing, etc.) and read the reviews made from other people that have stayed at those hotels.
• Clinton National Airport (LIT): website has rental car info:
• Please note that snacks and lunch will NOT be provided – please plan accordingly. Thank you.
• Parking: Visitors can park in any parking space around the building (except spaces marked 1 or 2-hour parking) or middle and top of the parking deck.
• Other facility info:
- Bring jackets or blankets if you are cold-natured; the training room temperatures fluctuate and are controlled by building management.
- Food and drinks are allowed in the training room, so feel free to bring them. There are also vending machines conveniently located next to the training room.
Page 1 of 3
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Prevent Child Abuse America.