Project Super Bloom PAC - Candidate Questionnaire
Project Super Bloom PAC aims to support young Californians to organize their communities and build a powerful coalition to elect working-class, grassroots leaders to the state legislature. We strive to bridge the gap between elected officials and their constituents through transforming the role of everyday people in politics, empowering Californians to take ownership over who will represent them and what policies will be implemented in their communities.
What is Project Super Bloom bringing to the movement that’s needed?
- Engaging youth in campaigns to bring a fresh perspective to the politics and priorities of our generation. Youth are an emerging voting bloc in our state and we are ready to organize around campaigns that align with a working-class vision for California.
- Running young candidates and harnessing the power of younger organizers to take ownership of California’s state legislative elections has never been done before. Youth have a unique ability to bring innovative strategies to campaigns
- In the past, the movement to uplift and unite young people has failed to put effort into giving resources to rural and suburban communities. With creative ideas and the will to empower those who have been left out of politics for so long, organizing in these communities will repair the divide between politics and community.
- Building community power beyond a single election. We train and provide resources for organizers from the communities in which our endorsed candidates are running to build teams of young people. These organizers mobilize their communities, build coalitions with local organizations, and plug into existing networks to ensure the people we engage with continue building power long after our candidates are elected.
- We bridge communities by engaging in shared culture, not shared politics - redefining “political involvement” to mean involvement in the well-being of our neighbors.
- We reject any “one-size-fits-all” solution. To truly invest in community, young people will be empowered to mobilize their rural, red, and purple towns, not just join the nearest urban cohort. Each community requires a unique vision and strategy, and those who live in them know best how to organize them.
- The candidates we fight for don’t need law degrees or years of experience in politics. We invest in leaders who show up for our communities.
- Our people aren’t just a means to an end - they are the solution. Every person should be seen and valued as a piece of the policy solutions we are crafting.
- We seek candidates who embody integrity, by continually standing up for their communities and keeping their promises.
- It’s not enough for our candidates to just vote the right way when they’re in office. We need legislators who will organize alongside us and our movement to build pressure in Sacramento and in the streets around the state to enact the bold, progressive policies that every Californian deserves.
1. Fill out the candidate questionnaire. This helps us learn about you, your background, and your policy priorities.
2. Project Super Bloom PAC staff members and Youth Board members will conduct an interview with you to get to know you a little better and hear more about your campaign, political beliefs, and background.
3. The Youth Board will consider and vote on our endorsement.
4. If we endorse, we will begin mobilizing youth organizers in your district to create a grassroots, community-based coalition of support for you and the progressive legislation you’ll fight for.
5. After you win, we’ll continue organizing alongside you to advance the platform we elected you to enact.