Sports Reporter Application
Sports reporters are assigned a sports beat where they are responsible for coverage of all games and issues that arise on that beat. They will become the “expert” on that beat and pitch two stories per week to their editor. This is an unpaid position.
· Attend weekly budget meeting held by the Sports Editor.
· Submit story pitches by section editor’s desired date.
· Accept assignments from the Sports Editor or Assistant Sports Editor.
· Record all interviews.
· Withhold bias from articles.
· Write the required number of articles per week with at least three sources quoted in each.
· Assist with breaking news coverage of sports-related events.
· Provide newsroom coverage per the established schedule.
· Be knowledgeable in AP Style for sports.
· Meet all deadlines set by the section editor.
· Communicate effectively with photographers or illustrators.
· Join appropriate SLACK channel and maintain effective communication.
· Encouraged to attend all staff functions.
· Required to attend bi-weekly all-staff meetings.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of University Star.
Terms of Service