The following guidelines apply to all individuals, businesses, and organizations hosting activities as part of an Open Streets 704 event.
• If you would like to host an activity as part of an Open Streets 704 event, you must contact the Open Streets 704 team at least 3 weeks prior to the scheduled event so we can promote your activity on our website and assign you a spot on the route.
• The Open Streets 704 team will direct all confirmed activity hosts to a designated location on the street (A business already located along route will be able to use the street space adjacent to their business location).
• Confirmed activity hosts are responsible for providing all equipment required for their activity (including tables, chairs, tents, finding access to a power source if required, etc.).
• Activities that use tents or amplified sound may require additional approvals, as directed by the Open Streets 704 team.
• Each Activity Host may have one 10-foot by 10-foot (or smaller) tent. Larger tents, or multiple tents, may be allowed for Activity Hosts who are also Open Streets 704 Sponsors.
• The use of branded vehicles (cars/trucks/vans), large freestanding banners/signage, or other displays for the purposes of advertising and/or marketing the Activity Host’s business/organization will not permitted unless the Activity Host is also an Open Streets 704 Sponsor. This does not include one branded 10-foot by 10-foot (or smaller) tent per Activity Host.
• Generally, the schedule for Open Streets 704 events includes an hour before and after the event for activity hosts to set-up and tear-down in the street. The street will be closed to motorized traffic (cars, trucks, etc.) from precisely the advertised set-up time to precisely the advertised end time. You may bring your equipment by car/truck during the set-up window, but please be sure to have your motorized vehicle off the event street(s) before the event start time. You will not be allowed on the event street(s) with your motorized vehicle again until after the event ends and the tear-down period begins. You must have all of your equipment off the street by the event end time.
• On the day of the event only, you may store/ stage equipment in the adjacent planting strip before and after the advertised set-up and tear-down time. All equipment must be removed from the planting strip by 8pm on the day of the event. Sidewalks must be kept free and clear during the event, and remain passable before and after the event.
• The Open Streets 704 route must maintain one clear lane, or at least 14 feet, at all times during the event. When setting up, please allow space for participants to move around your activity and not interfere with the clear lane requirement.
• Open Streets 704 is a health-focused event, so we do not allow any programs that promote the use of or include tobacco products.
• Alcohol is not permitted in the public right-of-way at any Open Streets 704 route. Businesses along the corridor may apply for separate licensing to serve alcohol (e.g., a beer garden) on private property.
• The Open Streets 704 team reserves the right to not provide space on the street at an Open Streets 704 event for organizations, businesses, or individuals for any reason.
Please contact Dianna Ward (email@example.com) to talk about your activity with our Open Streets 704 team.