UGC-NET/SET-PAPER-I(2015-DEC) - MODEL PAPER-2
ONLINE TEST NET/SET PAPER-1
11. A researcher is interested in studying the prospects of a particular political party in an urban area. What tool should he prefer for the study?
12. Ethical norms in research do not involve guidelines for:
Data sharing policies
Read the following passage carefully and answer question numbers 13 to 17.I did that thing recently where you have to sign a big card - which is a horror unto itself, especially as the keeper of the Big Card was leaning over me at the time. Suddenly I was on the spot, a rabbit in the headlights, torn between doing a fun message or some sort of in-joke or a drawing. Instead overwhelmed by the myriad options available to me, I decided to just write “Good luck, best, Joel”.It was then that I realised, to my horror, that I had forgotten how to write. My entire existence is “tap letters into computer”. My shopping lists are hidden in the notes function of my phone. If I need to remember something I send an e-mail to myself. A pen is something I chew when I’m struggling to think. Paper is something I pile beneath my laptop to make it a more comfortable height for me to type on.A poll of 1,000 teens by the stationers, Bic found that one in 10 don’t own a pen, a third have never written a letter, and half of 13 to 19 years - old have never been forced to sit down and write a thank you letter. More than 80% have never written a love letter, 56% don’t have letter paper at home. And a quarter have never known the unique torture of writing a birthday card. The most a teen ever has to use a pen is on an exam paper.Bic, have you heard of mobile phones ? Have you heard of e-mail, facebook andsnap chatting? This is the future. Pens are dead. Paper is dead. Handwriting is a relic.“Handwriting is one of the most creative outlets we have and should be given the same importance as other art forms such as sketching, painting or photography.”Answer the following questions: 13. When confronted with signing a big card, the author felt like “a rabbit in the headlight”. What does this phrase mean ?
A state of confusion
A state of pleasure
A state of anxiety
A state of pain
14. According to the author, which one is not the most creative outlet of pursuit?
15. The entire existence of the author revolves round (a) Computer(b) Mobile phone(c) Typewriter Identify the correct answer from the codes given below
(b) and (c) only
(a) and (b) only
(a), (b) and (c)
16. How many teens, as per the Bic survey, do not own a pen?
17. What is the main concern of the author?
That the teens use mobile phones.
That the teens use social networks for communication.
That the teens use computer.
That the teens have forgotten the art of handwriting.
18. The main objectives of student evaluation of teachers are:(a) To gather information about student weaknesses.(b) To make teachers take teaching seriously.(c) To help teachers adopt innovative methods of teaching.(d) To identify the areas of further improvement in teacher traits.Identify the correct answer from the codes given below:
(b), (c) and (d) only
(a), (b) and (c) only
(a) and (b) only
19. Using the central point of the classroom communication as the beginning of a dynamic pattern of ideas is referred to as:
Problem - orientation
20. Aspects of the voice, other than the speech are known as:
Send me a copy of my responses.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service