Whistler Tri Club Drop In Waiver
Please complete all fields then click SUBMIT. Membership fees can be paid via PayPal at
. We look forward to training with you!
IMPORTANT: By completing this waiver you, the applicant, on behalf of yourself, members of my family, heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, hereby forever release, discharge and hold harmless the Whistler Triathlon Club representatives, directors, members and agents for any injury, loss or damage to your person or property, howsoever caused, arising out of any connection with taking part in Whistler Triathlon Club organized events and activities.
Primary Phone Number
Helmets are mandatory while participating in and club rides or races. Please click to confirm your awareness.
Which club activity will you be joining us for?
Open water swim
Date of club activity you plan to attend
Emergency Contact Person
Emergency Contact Phone
TO: WHISTLER TRIATHLON CLUB, (Her Majesty the Queen in the Right of the Province of British Columbia) and its directors, officers, employees, instructors, guides, agents, representatives, independent contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, sponsors, successors and assigns (all of whom are hereinafter referred as “the Releasees”)
In this Release Agreement, the term ‘triathlon’ shall include all activities, events or services provided, arranged, organized, conducted, sponsored or authorized by the Releasees and shall include, but is not limited to: swimming, cycling, running, stretching, and strength training; orientational and instructional courses, seminars and sessions; travel, transport and accommodation; and other such activities, events and services in any way connected with or related to triathlon.
I have been advised to wear a helmet when taking part in outdoor cycling, on roads or on trails. Wearing approved protective equipment may be mandatory under provincial law.
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
I am aware that triathlon involves many risks, dangers and hazards. The risks, dangers and hazards, including but not limited to: loss of balance; difficulty or inability to control one’s speed and direction; variation or changes in the surface; changing weather conditions; exposure to temperature extremes or inclement weather; and NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES, INCLUDING THE FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE RISKS RELEASEES TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS OF TRIATHLON.
USE OF NAMES AND PHOTOS
As an attendee of a Whistler Triathlon Club training session or race I consent to having my name and photo published in newspapers, club newsletters, social media and any print advertising.
I AM AWARE OF THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS ASSOCIATED WITH TRIATHLON AND I FREELY ACCEPT AND FULLY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS AND THE POSSIBILITY OF PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR LOSS RESULTING THEREFROM.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In consideration of the RELEASEES agreeing to my participation in triathlon and permitting my use of their services, equipment and other facilities, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged, I hereby agree as follows:
1. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may in the future have against the RELEASEES AND TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury, including death, that I may suffer or that my next of kin may suffer, as a result of my participation in triathlon, DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE, INCLUDING ANY DUTY OF CARE OWED UNDER THE OCCUPIERS LIABILITY ACT, ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES, AND FURTHER INCLUDING THE FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS OF PARTICIPATING IN TRIATHLON REFERRED TO ABOVE;
2. TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES for any and all liability for any property damage, loss or personal injury to any third party resulting from my participation in triathlon;
3. This Release Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of my death or incapacity;
4. This Release Agreement and any rights, duties and obligations as between the parties to this Release Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the province where the triathlon training takes place and no other jurisdiction; and
5. Any litigation involving the parties to this Release Agreement shall be brought solely within the province where the triathlon training takes place and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of that province.
In entering into this Release Agreement I am not relying on any oral or written representations or statements made by the Releasees with respect to the safety of participating in triathlon, other than what is set forth in this Release Agreement.
I have read and agree to the above waiver.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Whistler Triathlon Club.