Statement of Beliefs
The Fellowship of Christian University Students (FOCUS) upholds the fundamental truths of the Christian faith, including:
- The divine inspiration and infallibility of Holy Scripture as originally given and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of humanity since the fall, rendering men and women subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- The conception of Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit and his birth by the virgin Mary.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only though the sacrificial death, as our representative and substitute, of Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God.
-The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Christ effective in the individual sinner, granting him or her repentance towards God, and faith in Jesus Christ.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
FOCUS is committed to getting students together to hear and understand the message of the Bible. We have theologically trained staff on our campus, as well as former students who give of their time and energy to serve the current students. Our great desire is that students come to understand the wonder of the gospel of Jesus, and joyfully devote their lives to serving His kingdom.