Harvesting @ a Distance
You are invited to work #StrongerTogether with the Winnipeg Labour Council, United Way Winnipeg's Labour Program and the Winnipeg labour movement by joining labour activists in a community action by signing up to Harvest @ a Distance!
Harvest @ a Distance is a collaborative movement building initiative to respond to our communities' food security needs during a time of social and physical distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are creating an online movement building initiative that only requires you to:
1. Click to sign up!
2. Gather your harvest! (non-perishable food items from your home or on your next shop)
3. Confirm your donation and pick a day: Volunteers from the team will confirm your donation and pick up time
4. Bag your items, mark the bag with #STRONGERTOGETHER and leave them on the step during your pick up time (further instructions will be given to avoid food freezing/spoiling according to weather)
Bonus! Take a selfie with your donation and post on social media! Tag the Winnipeg Labour Council and #StrongerTogether for your chance to win some WLC swag!
All donations will be brought to Winnipeg Harvest, a community-based, not-for-profit organization that collects and shares food with hungry people and their families. During this time of crisis, isolation and distancing, Winnipeg Harvest needs our community support to help ensure Winnipeggers in need have access to the most important basic food and products.
Suggested items (as updated by Winnipeg Harvest, March 18, 2020):
1. Canned fish & poultry - chicken or turkey; tuna or salmon packed in water.
2. Canned fruit and vegetables - packed in own juice.
3. Canned stew, chili, brown beans
4. Peanut Butter
5. Whole Grain Pasta
6. Baby Formula and Food – iron-enriched formula; baby food jars of vegetables, fruit or meat; infant cereal such as oatmeal, barley or rice.
7. Rice – Plain, brown, converted, or parboiled
8. Canned Spaghetti Sauce
9. Cereal – plain, fiber, non-sugar coated
10. Canned Soup – vegetable, tomato, lentil, pea
*These food items have been selected to reflect recommendations in Canada’s food guide.
Join us in harvest, and thank you for sharing what you can spare.
Melissa Dvorak, President of Winnipeg Labour Council
Gina McKay, United Way Winnipeg Labour Director & CUPE Local 2348
Geof Langen, United Way Winnipeg Labour Program
With support from Bernie Wood, CLC Prairie Region
Please choose a pick up time
Comments & Message of Solidarity to our Volunteers!
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service