2020 AMENDS Delegate Application
Welcome to the 2020 AMENDS Delegate Application! The deadline for submitting your application is December 31st, 2019 at 11:59 PST (GMT -8).
The mission of the American Middle Eastern Network for Dialogue at Stanford (AMENDS) is to create a platform for promising youth leaders whose work impacts the Middle East, North Africa and/or US-MENA relations to share and grow their initiatives. During the conference, we provide delegates with opportunities to:
- develop key skills;
- network and collaborate with established leaders, experts, and fellow changemakers; and
- share the story of their initiatives with a wider audience after receiving public speaking training.
Delegates are selected on the basis of their dedication to:
- promoting change in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region and/or positively influencing US- MENA relations;
- the likelihood of their initiative to have a strong impact; and
- the potential for them to productively contribute to a rich and diverse cohort through collaboration and cross-cultural exchange.
This year, our annual summit will be held from June 25th-30th, 2020, in Amman, Jordan. Please consider your availability when applying.
-- be 18 - 28 years old;
-- be proficient in English;
-- have innovative ideas and well thought-out initiatives that could effect positive change in the world;
-- have initiatives addressing political, social, or economic issues affecting the Middle East and North Africa (broadly defined as the area from Morocco to Iran and Turkey to Sudan); and
-- demonstrate the potential to enrich American-Middle Eastern affairs.
Accepted Delegates will:
-- present a 6-7 minute talk about their initiative at the AMENDS conference, which will be recorded and hosted on the AMENDS YouTube channel, which has attracted over 200,000 viewers;
-- attend workshops to gain concrete skills in design thinking, leadership, and fundraising;
-- network with regional leaders, Stanford academics, and interested civil society members;
-- have Conference expenses covered, including a flight to/from Jordan, accommodation, and food;
-- receive support with the visa application process for Jordan; and
-- be invited to become a member of the AMENDS Global Fellows, a self-sustaining network of 200+ alumni.
Learn more about the AMENDS Global Fellows Network at their website:
Learn more about AMENDS at our website:
Page 1 of 5
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Stanford University.