Your personal iTunes account is what your iPad will use for syncing new apps. Educational apps can be purchased at a considerable discount if you go through the purchasing department. Using your own credit card or a gift card requires full price for the app and the addition of sales tax. By getting the app through the purchasing department we save two ways; buying in bulk, a savings of up to 50% on some apps, units of 10, 20, 30 etc., and there is no sales tax in incurred. So, follow the procedure listed here to save money.
PLEASE USE A DIFFERENT ORDER FORM FOR EACH APP PURCHASE!
Steps for ordering/installing iPad Apps
1. Visit http://itunes.apple.com/us/genre/ios/id36?mt=8
and decide on the app you want to installed. A: If the app is free, go ahead and download via iTunes on the computer or via the App Store on the iPad. B: If the app is not free, copy the URL or web address of the app. It should resemble http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sat-vocab-cards/id403164850?mt=8
2. Scroll down to fill out the form.
3. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
letting him know to look for the order.
4. Wait for him to reply to that email with a redemption code. This could take several days...please be patient!
5. Copy the redemption code from the email reply.
6. Follow this tutorial: http://www.ahs.dcps.org/its/iPad/videos/redeem.mp4
Please note*** If you would like to know how much you have left in your account from the $50.00 DCPS allotment, please send an to email@example.com
and he will get this information to you as soon as he can. Again, please be patient.