Zendesk Talk EAP : Call recording opt-out
Give callers the option to opt-out of call recording.
With Call Recording Opt-out, administrators can configure any Talk enabled phone number to let the caller opt-out from call recording by dialing 3.
We know that call recording is important to our customers and we want to offer a good call recording experience while at the same time ensuring that you are legally compliant. This functionality has been requested by multiple customers, especially in the Canadian and German markets where by law it is required to ask for call recording permissions from callers.
Read more about Call Recording Opt-out functionality:
Call Recording Opt-out will be available to Zendesk Talk Professional and Enterprise customers. Before we roll it out to General Availability, we’re offering this Early Access Program to give some of our customers early access to the functionality. The objective is to work closely with you to identify aspects of the functionality that need improvement or whether there are bugs as we continue to build the functionality.
Need more detail on how it works?
Call recording opt-out works for both group routing and IVR routing.
- It can be configured inside the new "Call Recording Tab" under the Talk Number configurations in Zendesk Talk.
- For details, see
Is this available to everyone?
For this Early Access Program we are accepting applications only from our Zendesk Talk Professional and Enterprise customers.
Are there limitations with the product?
As we receive feedback from the EAP, the feature might change in future releases. This EAP is for testing purposes and to receive feedback on the design and functionality of the feature.
Additionally, there are the following limitations:
- We plan to improve the quality of the default greeting for call recording opt-out but we encourage customers to record their own greetings to suit their business needs.
- We plan to improve the in-ticket information to better display the reason why a recording is not available.
What is expected of me?
There are a few things we ask:
1. Provide feedback on the feature, ease of use, and documentation
2. Report any bugs
3. Be open to working closely with us, initially and ongoing through this stage
4. Be prepared that early versions of the feature might not work correctly.
Ready to take part?
All you have to do is fill in this form and we will notify you if you are selected!
It may take a few weeks after you sign up.
Page 1 of 3
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Zendesk.
Terms of Service