2019 Schmaling Library Patron Satisfaction Survey
We want to know what we are doing that helps you and what we can do better! Please help us by filling out this survey. It may seem long, but there are only 17 questions and your answers can help us improve our services for you. All responses are confidential and no personally identifying information will be collected. The library director and board members are the only ones who will view the actual survey responses. The compiled survey results will be shared with library staff, the library friends group, community planning committee, and available for public perusal upon request. Paper surveys are available at the library. Please only respond to the survey once. Surveys will be collected through August 31, 2019.
1. For demographic purposes, what is your age?
2. For demographic purposes, what is your sex?
3. Please choose the response that best describes your library card status at Schmaling Memorial Public Library.
a. I have a free resident library card from Schmaling.
b. I have a Schmaling non-resident library card for which I pay an annual fee.
c. I or my child has a free non-resident library card from Schmaling through the agreement with River Bend School District.
d. I have a library card from another Illinois public library.
e. I have a library card from a public library in another state.
f. I do not have a library card from any public library.
4. If you answered “f” to the above question, why do you not have a library card?
5. Please choose all that apply: I use Schmaling Memorial Public Library for the following services:
a. Free public Wi-Fi for personal devices
b. Free usage of library computers
c. Book checkouts
d. Magazines checkouts
e. DVD checkouts
f. Audiobook checkouts
g. Large Print book checkouts
h. Children’s book checkouts
i. Young adult (teen) book checkouts
j. Puppets, puzzles, games checkouts
k. Watt meter checkouts
l. In-library Wii games
m. Free library programs
n. E-book or e-audiobook checkouts
o. Interlibrary loan
p. Local newspapers
q. Public seating
r. Book and CD sales
s. Exam proctoring
t. Photocopying, printing, faxing, or scanning
u. Geneology /local history research
v. Summer Reading Program for all ages
w. 1000 Books Before Kindergarten
x. I do not use Schmaling Memorial Public Library’s services
6. Which answer best describes about how often you visit Schmaling Memorial Public Library?
a. At least once a week
b. At least once every two weeks
c. Once a month
d. Only during school vacations
e. Once a year
f. Less than once a year
g. I do not visit Schmaling Memorial Public Library
7. Please describe your satisfaction with the selection of materials/resources you find at Schmaling Memorial Public Library.
8. Please describe your satisfaction with staff interactions at Schmaling Memorial Public Library.
9. Would you be interested in joining the Library Friends Group or volunteering opportunities at the Library?
10. Which day(s) of the week works best for you to visit the library? Please choose all that apply.
11. What time(s) of day would work best for you to visit the library? Please choose all that apply.
a. 9:00 am – 11:00 am
b. 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
c. 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
d. 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
e. 5:00 pm -7:00 pm
12. Which of the following Schmaling programs have you or your child attended in the past 2 years? Please choose all that apply:
a. Teddy Bear Tuesdays Story Time
b. Lego Club
c. Adult Coloring Club
d. Adult Gardening Programs
e. Summer Reading Program Craft or Story Times
f. Family Reading Night with CERT Therapy Dogs
g. Movie showings
h. A Schmaling-sponsored Summer Nights Event
i. Library Night at a Clinton Lumber Kings game
j. Amazing Race scavenger hunt
k. Adult knitting/crochet programs
l. I have not attended any library programs
13. If you answered “l” to the above question, why have you not attended any library programs in the last 2 years?
a. Programs have not interested me
b. I did not know about library programs
c. Programs were at inconvenient times
14. If implemented at Schmaling, which of the following programs would you or your child be interested in attending?
a. Coffee with a Cop (an informal opportunity to speak with Fulton’s finest about what’s going on in Fulton)
b. Resume building class
c. Adult computer class
d. Adult book club
e. Cookbook club (similar to a book club, but instead of reading a fiction or non-fiction book, each member picks a recipe from one cookbook to make and share with the group)
f. Family book club (a book club in which parents/guardians would read a book together with their child(ren) and then come together once a month to discuss the book with the other family book club members)
g. Regular family movie nights
h. Regular adult movie nights
i. Teen game nights
j. Teen book club
k. Children’s book club
l. Craft classes such as knitting, crocheting, sewing, upcycling (using common recyclable goods to make crafts), or cake decorating
m. Solve a Mystery or Escape Room program
n. Baby Time interactive story time
o. Regular teen movies nights
15. If added to the library’s collection, which of the following resources would you or your child be interested in using?
a. Free passes to the Putnam Museum in Davenport
b. Free passes to various Illinois museums and attractions
c. Online access to
d. Online access to language learning materials, such as Rosetta Stone or Babble
e. Internet hotspots available for checkout from the library to allow for temporary home internet access
16. Which of the following are the best ways to communicate with you about library programs and services? Please choose all that apply.
b. Library website (
c. Fulton Journal
d. Clinton Herald
e. Emailed Library newsletter
f. Print Library newsletter
g. Flyers at the Library
h. Flyers in local area businesses
17. Do you have any additional comments or suggestions for library resources, programs, services that we could offer to better serve the Fulton community?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service