Application for the Board of Directors Friends of Oregon School for the Deaf
PLEASE READ ALL BEFORE RESPONDING. Your responses to the following items will be carefully reviewed in consideration for membership on the Friends of OSD board. You may respond in writing or use an alternative format (see cover letter). You may attach a resume or other supplemental materials (limit of 4 pages). You do not need to provide information below if the same information is contained in the supplemental materials.
1. Please provide a brief summary of your background and education, including your strong points.
2. Briefly describe your experience/knowledge/connections with the Deaf and Hard of Hearing communities and with the Oregon School for the Deaf.
3. Briefly describe your recent affiliations with community organizations.
4. Have you previously served on a nonprofit board or as a volunteer? If so, briefly describe that experience.
5. Describe your past involvement in fundraising activities (including one-time special events, sales or raffles, grant writing, personal solicitation of donations, etc.).
6. How would your specific knowledge, skills and experiences contribute to the Friends of OSD board?
7. Why do you want to serve on the Friends of OSD board?
8. If you are invited to join the board, please explain the extent to which you are willing and able to fulfill the expectations contained in the Friends of OSD Board Member Responsibilities and Desired Characteristics.
9. Please explain any potential conflicts of interest or “gray areas” that you foresee (a situation where you might gain financially from discussions or decisions of the Friends of OSD board).
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Western Oregon University.