Marriage Request Form for the Anglican Diocese of Fredericton
Those wishing to be married in the Church please take note of the following:
1. All weddings will take place in the church in keeping with the canons and customs of the Church. The guideline on marriage of an unbaptized person and the Canon on Marriage (Canon XXI) will be in effect.
2. The marriage ceremony will be that of the Book of Common Prayer (1962) or the Book of Alternative Services (1985).
3. Marriages require a minimum of sixty days notice; a marriage license must be obtained from the province of New Brunswick which should be in the hands of the officiant as soon as possible.
4. At least three sessions (or the equivalent) with the officiant are required as preparation for marriage in order to explore the Christian concept of marriage and to assist the couple in their reflection on the life-long commitment they are about to make.
5. The officiant reserves the right to decide not to perform the marriage if at any time a major impediment to the relationship becomes known.
6. The governing principle in the selection of music is that it reflect the religious nature of the ceremony. The officiant must approve what music will be used in the church.
7. Christian marriage requires some demonstration of the religious commitment of the bride and bridegroom. Marriage in the Church ought to be understood in its Christian context and not as a social convenience. One way of demonstrating Christian commitment is by attending public worship in a way that is consistent with the teachings of the Church.
8. The participation of other clergy is at the discretion of the rector. Arrangements for additional clergy as well as for the organist is the responsibility of the couple. NO PHOTOGRAPHS will be taken during the ceremony but provision can be made for photographs following the service.
BEFORE FILLING OUT THE FORM PLEASE COLLECT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- Medicare Numbers
- Addresses (both before and following the ceremony)
- Baptism & Confirmation Dates (If Applicable)
- Parents Names and Places of Birth
- Marriage License Number
- Names and Addresses of the Witnesses