All Saints Research Volunteer application form
ArtReach is a charity and arts organisation that works across the country to deliver high quality arts and heritage projects that are focused on making culture accessible. The organisation has a main base in Leicester, where it delivers a range of local activity that includes an annual refugee arts festival.
In 2018 ArtReach started working with the Churches Conservation Trust, to deliver community activity at the former All Saints Church in the city. Located in Highcross St. All Saints is a Grade 1 listed medieval building, which has mostly been out of use since it stopped operating as a church in 1983.
With support from the Heritage Lottery Fund, ArtReach has been exploring the heritage of the building and its contents, and the history of the immediate area, uncovering the wealth of associated stories.
In order to effectively develop this exciting programme, we are looking for a research team comprising local volunteers. Supported with heritage expertise, the team will create a booklet “All Saints Church and medieval Leicester” which will be handed out freely to visitors in the church, and pop-up interpretation panels for the building.
The volunteer team will work with a heritage specialist to achieve the following outcomes:
• Research the stories and detailed history of All Saints and its surrounding area
• Support the creation of a booklet publication and the development of pop-up interpretation panels.
• Developing the interpretation and writing the booklet.
• Uncovering and curating a selection of iconic images
• Help to show how All Saints sat within the heart of medieval Leicester and related to its surroundings and to life in the medieval city.
Please complete this form if you would like to be considered for this role. Please note that all volunteers must be aged 18 or over.
if you have any questions.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of ArtReach.