2021-2022 AHS Key Club Membership Form
ALLEN HIGH SCHOOL KEY CLUB CONTRACT
Key Club is an international student-led organization that provides members with the opportunity to perform service, build character, and develop leadership. In order to uphold the Objects of Key Club International, members are expected to be active participants of the organization to remain a member in good standing. Only members in good standing for both semesters will be eligible to run for a Key Club Board position, apply for Key Club scholarships, receive Senior Graduation Medals, and attend District/International convention.
GENERAL MONTHLY CALENDAR
We meet in-person during the 1st Thursday of each month for a Business Meeting; these meetings will be held at 4:30 pm in the Allen High School Cafeteria and will typically last 30-45 minutes, depending on the amount of information presented. Every 3rd Thursday will be a Large-Service meeting (previously known as our "catch-up" meetings) which you can join to complete a service to gain hours; these . If you missed the Business Meeting or have any questions over the service projects/donations, we recommend attending these Large-Service Meetings. There will be many in-club service opportunities offered throughout the month. Many service projects will also be held in the form of donation drives.
AHS Key Club members must meet the following requirements to be a member in good standing:
• All grade levels must complete a minimum requirement of 40 hours of service for the entire school year (20 hours per semester)
• A minimum of 15 hours of Key Club-sponsored services (INTERNAL HOURS) count towards each semester’s hours
• A maximum of 5 hours completed independently or outside of Key Club (EXTERNAL HOURS) may be counted towards each semester's hours
• A minimum of 2 SOCIALS are required per semester (club-sponsored or independently planned)
SERVICE HOUR REPORTING
• Members must track and report service hours through monthly Google Forms.
• Club-Sponsored events are planned by Key Club and use SignUpGenius.
• All club meetings earn service hours.
• AHS NHS, NJHS, or PALS service hours may be reported for EXTERNAL HOURS for Key Club.
***• All service hours must be reported on X2VOL through Naviance. Form completion is at the end of every semester.
• Cumulative service hours will be reported to the members each grading period on our MASTER SPREADSHEET, which is updated every couple of weeks. Report any discrepancies to the Sergeant at Arms (
• If a member signs up for a service event, attendance is mandatory. If a member cannot attend, he/she should coordinate a replacement via SignUpGenius or email
• If a member signs up for a service event and continuously does not attend the service events, his/her membership may be at risk.
At the end of the Fall Semester, all required service hours must be completed to remain a member in good standing. If the 20 service hours for the Fall Semester are not completed, the member will be placed on "probation." The member on probation will be notified of the following options available:
• If a minimum of 15 hours have been completed in the Fall Semester (member did not reach 20 required hours), then the member is required to complete those hours by February 10th before losing his/her membership.
• If a minimum of 15 hours has not been completed during the fall semester, then the membership is canceled.
OTHER CLUB INFORMATION
Each member is responsible for keeping up with Key Club service events and activities. Club information will be posted on the Allen Key Club website (
) and member notifications will be made through REMIND 101 (primary) and Instagram (@allenkeyclub). Please check these platforms to sign up for opportunities to fulfill the hour requirement.
Key Club Annual membership dues will be $20 (via School Pay). Please pay membership/t-shirt dues and fill out this membership form by October 31st, 2021. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Club T-shirts may be purchased for $15.00. The T-shirt is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED as it should be worn to all club-sponsored events.
By way of my electronic signature, I agree to abide by all the rules and service hour requirements listed in the Key Club Membership contract. I have READ and UNDERSTAND the requirements documented in the Allen High School Key Club Membership Form for 2021-22.
I have read the information above and I agree with the requirements to be a member in good standing. I know the number of service hours I am required to have each semester for this club. If NOT, re-read the text above. A copy of this contract will be on the AHS Key Club website for future reference. Entering my name below will be my electronic signature.
School ID Number
School Issued Email
Do you want to purchase a Key Club t-shirt for $10? If so what size (adult sizes) ? - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
I do not want a shirt
Parent/ Emergency Contact Full Name
Parent/ Emergency Contact Phone Number
Parent/ Emergency Contact Email
How many years have you been in Key Club?
This is my first year in Key Club
Have you subscribed to Remind to receive Key Club news and updates? Text @ahs-key22 to 81010.
No - but I will TODAY
Have you followed us on Instagram yet? @allenkeyclub
No - but I will TODAY
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Allen ISD.