Pre-Meeting Survey – FuTRES Conference August 11-13
To ensure the most productive use of time during the conference, please: 1) respond to this survey before the meeting, and 2) review others' responses. The survey will take about a half-hour to complete. We realize that this is a significant request of time. However, this information will allow us to focus the discussion during the meeting, and to reduce overall hours spent in large-group ZOOM sessions.
If you are not familiar with FuTRES, please first check out this summary of the project.
· Please respond to the survey items below by August 6.
· Please review all participants’ survey responses by August 11.
Thank you for your time! We look forward to further discussing your responses during the conference.
1. What would motivate you to search and download data from FuTRES for your own projects? (Enter list of items below. Examples might include: Engaging with others' data; Working with other researchers; Working with other disciplines; Creating convergent science and/or "big data" projects; Using a tool to store uniform data.)
2. What would motivate you to put your data into FuTRES? (Enter list of items below. Examples might include: Guarantee of attribution; DOI for a published dataset; Easy to use submission interface; Support mapping traits and metadata to ontologies; Opportunity to collaborate on a project in process when you have relevant data.)
3. What future work are you envisioning that could benefit from FuTRES? (Enter your response below.)
4. With FuTRES as a tool, list three ways that you could (or would like to) engage other disciplines/areas of study with your own work. (Enter your response below.)
5. With FuTRES as a tool, what are your ideas for engaging “moon shot” (interdisciplinary, convergent, far-reaching, visionary) scientific research? (Enter your response below.)
6. What other comments or questions would you like to submit in advance of the meeting? (Enter your response below.)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service