WasabiCon Idol Showcase Registration Form
The WasabiCon 2019 Idol Showcase will take place Saturday, October 19th, at 12:00 PM in the Main Events room. The showcase will feature local dance groups who will be lip syncing and presenting stage performances from J-Pop, K-Pop, Anime, and Video Game idol groups.
If you would like to participate, you must read all of the rules below before filling out the WasabiCon Idol Showcase Registration Form.
1. A MAXIMUM OF 3 PERFORMANCES PER GROUP. We want to open the opportunity to perform to as many idol groups as possible and - while we're excited to see your group perform - we want to make sure we have time for everyone. Groups may perform less, but no more than, 3 songs.
2. ALL PERFORMERS MUST BE REGISTERED ATTENDEES OF THE CONVENTION. We don't offer comp passes for anyone participating in the WasabiCon Idol Showcase. All participants must have a valid pass to WasabiCon 2019 in order to be allowed to take part in the performance.
3. PERFORMANCES MUST BE THEMED TO IDOL GROUPS SPECIFICALLY. While there are a variety of pop music dance genres, this showcase is limited specifically to Asian-style idol groups such as AKB48, BLACKPINK, BTS, and Love Live!
4. ALL PERFORMANCES MUST NOT EXCEED A PG-13 RATING. WasabiCon is a convention designed to feature content for all ages. While we may offer some 18+ events, they are tightly regulated and are offered in the evening. The Idol Showcase is designed to be presented for all ages.
5. ALL PERFORMANCES MUST BE UNDER 5 MINUTES EACH. As previously stated, we want to allow the opportunity for as many idol groups as possible to perform, and as such we must insist on a performance time of less than 5 minutes per song, with a combined limit of 15 minutes per group.
6. LIP SYNCING ONLY; NO SINGING. Microphones will not be provided to anyone performing in the showcase. Performers are welcome to bring their own headsets and stage microphones, but they will not be connected to our a/v.
7. INDIVIDUALS MAY ONLY PERFORM IN ONE GROUP. We love your passion for idol groups, but each individual may only register and perform with one idol group.
8. GROUPS MUST BE LIMITED TO 9 OR LESS PERFORMERS. The stage in Main Events measures twelve (12) feet by twenty-four (24) feet. Performers are limited in order to make sure everyone has room to move.
9. ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST FILL OUT AND SUBMIT A WASABICON IDOL SHOWCASE CONSENT AND RELEASE FORM. In order to be allowed to perform, each member of each idol group must have a completed WasabiCon Idol Showcase Consent and Release form on file. Participants under the age of 18 must also include a photocopy of a parent's/guardian's drivers license or government issued I.D. Card.
The form can be downloaded here:
10. ALL MUSIC MUST BE SUBMITTED AHEAD OF TIME IN MP3 FORMAT. Music must also be edited to the exact start and stop time of your group's performance. Instructions for submitting your music will be provided upon review/approval of your application.
11. CALL TIME FOR ALL PERFORMANCE GROUPS IS 11:30 AM ON SATURDAY, THE 19TH, IN MAIN EVENTS. All performers must be present in order to receive blocking and presentation instructions.
Thanks for wanting to be a part of WasabiCon. We look forward to reviewing your group!
What is the name of your idol group?
Does your group have a website?
This can be your own site, a Twitter, Instagram, etc.
How many songs will your group be performing?
What is the first song your group will be performing?
Answer format: SONG, ARTIST. Please note that all performances must be under five (5) minutes in length. Groups are not required to perform more than one song.
What is the second song your group will be performing?
Answer format: SONG, ARTIST. Put N/A if your group is not performing a second song. Please note that all performances must be under five (5) minutes in length.
What is the third song your group will be performing?
Answer format: SONG, ARTIST. Put N/A if your group is not performing a third song. Please note that all performances must be under five (5) minutes in length.
How many group members will be performing?
PRIMARY CONTACT name for the group?
If it's just you, type your first and last name. We need one person as the main contact.
PRIMARY CONTACT email?
PRIMARY CONTACT phone number?
Has your idol group performed at any other convention before this event?
Please be sure to list any other conventions or events your group has performed at. If this is your first performance, please indicate so.
Anything else you'd like to tell us?
For example: Why YOUR idol group should get picked; How it will make WasabiCon awesome etc.
Your submission is not confirmed until WasabiCon has approved your application and received your MP3 file.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service