Taiko Samurai Poets Lessons 2020 T3 & T4
Taiko Basics Introductory Classes
Wednesdays 6:00pm ~ 8:30pm +
Costs : 8 lesson Pass
$150 /single adult
$110 /child or concession
$190 /family 1+1
$270 /family 1+2
$20 per lesson ( $15 Concession / Family price ( per person )
$15 /child or concession
$30 /couple or Adult + Child over 8yo
$25 / Adult + child under 8 yo
Term 3 Wednesday 1st July ~
Wednesday 29th July ~
Term 4 Wednesday 14th October ~
Wednesday 11th November ~ Dec 2 + Endofyear Bash Dec 8/9th
- These are basics classes and require no prior Taiko training or experience
- Course run continuously and cater for students to keep coming each week
- Lessons will cover similar elements through a variety of drills and exercises to reinforce the rhythms
- you will not need to remember patterns or rhythms each week, but drills practice will assist you greatly between classes
- and, if you wish to challenge yourself, you may also come to....
Koi Daiko - Repetoire Classes
Tuesday 5:45pm ~ 8:00pm
- These classes are ideally for students with some experience and would like to Learn Taiko pieces.
- We recommend attending Weekend Workshops to train in the Taiko Basics in addition to these classes
Costs : All single night prices As above
$30 for 2 classes in a week
$150 single adult - both nights - 4 weeks and 8 lessons
$230 Couple - both nights - 4 weeks and 16 lessons
Event Address: Perth Modern School - Embleton Music Room
Western End of the Main Building
Between 90 and 100 Roberts Road, Perth, Western Australia 6008
Directions: Google Maps should take you to the front entry of the School on Roberts Road, and into the Staff / visitor carpark. You can park anywhere after school hours and walk to the Embleton Music Room
1. Basics Classes are suitable for all levels regardless of experience
2. Attend casually of come along every week for the most effective learning
3. Pay per course, and missed classes can be made up at a weekend workshop, held monthly
4. Wednesday classes are progressive classes to learn repertoire.
5. Wednesday classes are open to most after attending 1 course or Weekend Workshop,
6. Classes will actually commence around 6:30pm - If you find yourself running late, still please come, and just slot in when you arrive, better to come than not come at all
7. If you are early, it would be a great help if you can assist with the drums set up, usually from 6:15pm
Feel free to stay on for our Member Training session from 8:00pm ~ 10:30pm Tuesday
You might be observing, but if there are drums, you can play along with us.
Contact us at 0408434608 or
Name ( Name & Surname )
Getting to the Embleton Music Room - Perth Modern
Tuesday Basics Classes T1
Tuesday Basics Classes Term 2
Wednesday weekly Repertoire Classes
I have registered before
Yes - Great, please skip to the bottom and authorise
No - Great, please continue
Have you been to Japan or studied Japanese?
Where did you hear about Taiko On
Any Relevant Experience
Played Taiko before
Percussion / Drums
Dance training / practice
General fitness work / classes
What are you most looking forward to?
Physical Training, forms and techniques
Musical Expression and Improvisation
Learning the Traditions of Japanese Taiko
The social element, and meeting new like-minded people
Just beating drums with all your might !!!
I take part in Taiko at my own risk and accept the following conditions
$20 Taiko Training Fee (min) includes short term membership
I will bring my own hearing protection or purchase on the night
I will wear active wear, and bring water / sweat towel
I understand my own physical capabilities, and while challenging myself, I will be responsible for the activities / actions I choose to take part in.
I agree to not take any legal action or otherwise against any of the persons attending the training session.
Bachi ( drum sticks ) will be provided, or available for $10 to buy
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google. -
Terms of Service