ORGANIC FARMER TRAINING PROGRAM
2020 MSU-RHS Scholarship Application
MERIT AND NEED-BASED SCHOLARSHIP
Scholarships are made possible by funds raised from 2008 to 2018 at the annual Feast in the Field, sponsored by MSU Residential and Hospitality Services (MSU-RHS). RHS no longer organizes the Feast in the Field, but continues to make the funds raised in the past available for OFTP scholarships.
A limited number of scholarships will be awarded based on assessed financial need and merit. Scholarships will range from $500 to $2,000 and will be applied to the cost of the program once the recipients portion of the tuition is paid. (i.e. Total program fees are $3,900; a recipient of a $1,000 scholarship will owe $2,900 for the program.)
- Complete the scholarship application
- Submit relevant financial information, including a 2018 tax return statement (and/or the tax return of anyone claiming them as a dependent).
- Be admitted to the Organic Farmer Training Program for the upcoming year in order to receive the award. (Please note that scholarship applications should be submitted at the same time as the Application for Admission to the program.)
1. NEED: Evidence of financial hardship.
2. MERIT: Farm experience and/or role in farm & food system as an educator.
3. MERIT: Demonstrated commitment to and excellent potential for a successful career in organic farming, food production or farm education initiatives.
- The allocation will be applied directly as a credit to program fees. There will be no cash allocation.
- I understand that my scholarship will be applied after my portion of program fees is paid in full.
- The scholarship will be forfeited if you:
>Don't graduate, due to attendance, assignments, etc.
>Cancel your their enrollment in the program.
>Don't pay the balance of your course fees in full
FINANCIAL NEED FORM
Please complete this financial need form (
) and send it along with tax documents requested in the form.
-- Email a scan or pdf to
--Mail it directly to:
Attn: Kelly Benbraham
Office of Financial Aid
556 E Circle Dr, Room 252
East Lansing, MI 48824
Note: All information provided will be held strictly confidential. It will be viewed only by the members of the Organic Farmer Training Program Scholarship Committee and the MSU Office of Financial Aid; this information will only be reviewed in order assess the need for financial support required to attend the Organic Farmer Training Program in 2020.
The Student Organic Farm seeks to promote diversity along lines of, race, ethnicity, gender, age, socio-economic status and sexual orientation within each cohort of the Organic Farmer Training Program. We believe that this diversity fortifies the experience of participants and is important in developing a strong learning community and helps people of all backgrounds pursue careers in farming.
First & Last Name
Please provide at least a one-page written statement describing why you should be awarded a scholarship. Please include information on your financial need and your merit, including farm experience.
I declare that all information contained in this application is true, to the best of my knowledge, and authorize the Organic Farmer Training Program Scholarship Committee to investigate all facts on this application. I understand that deliberate false statements will result in the immediate rejection of this application and possible revocation of my offer of admission.
Please initial the box below.
I am sending in my financial need form to the Office of Financial Aid.
Yes. I am emailing them to
Yes. I am mailing them to: Attn: Kelly Benbraham Office of Financial Aid 556 E Circle Dr, Room 252 East Lansing, MI 48824
I declare that I will complete the Organic Farmer Training Program and will follow all policies including attendance and assignments if I am awarded a scholarship. If I do not complete the program or fail to earn my Organic Farming certificate, all or a portion of the scholarship may be revoked.
I understand that my scholarship will be applied after my portion of the tuition is paid in full.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service