Thank you for your interest in applying for a position as an intern with Keep Oakland Beautiful (KOB)! We are a volunteer-run, nonprofit organization, and an affiliate of Keep America Beautiful. Our mission is to create and sustain a beautiful, clean, green, litter-free Oakland through education, community engagement and volunteer action.
QUALIFYING CRITERIA & YOUTH ADVISORY COMMITTEE (YAC) INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES
• Applicant must be a high school Sophomore, Junior, or Senior in Oakland
• must be interested in becoming more involved in the mission of KOB and their community
• must be committed to serving for one term (September 2023 to May 2024)
• must attend at least 3 board meetings, with 2 consecutive meetings (meetings are held on Google Meets on the fourth Wednesday of each month from 6:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M.)
• must attend and actively participate in at least 2 KOB events
• must attend and participate in subcommittee meetings as requested
There are 4 subcommittees. Each applicant will need to pick one (1) subcommittee to work with:
1. Fundraising – manages KOB donations and grants.
▪ The duties of the Fundraising Committee include developing all fundraising strategies, grant prospecting and applications, soliciting financial and in-kind donations from individuals and organizations, and recognizing donors to KOB appropriately. In addition, the committee works closely with the Treasurer to ensure that funds raised are accounted for, reported on, and distributed in accordance with the donor's wishes.
2. Programs – manages annual Daffodil Days and Small Grants Program.
▪ The Programs Committee is responsible for the direct administration of all KOB’s projects, including Small Grants, Daffodil Days, and any new projects. This committee will establish an annual calendar for all programs with timelines for all necessary tasks.
3. Community Engagement & Events - manages local clean up events, corporate volunteer days, etc.
▪ The Community Events and Engagement Committee is responsible for conducting all KOB community engagement events, including beautification projects, cleanups, and tabling. This committee will recruit and engage volunteers and collect volunteer contact information. This committee will collect event information required by Keep America Beautiful and provide it to the Chair and Vice Chair who will report it to KAB.
4. Marketing & Communications - manages KOB Newsletter and Website.
▪ The duties of the Marketing Committee include administration of all KOB communication strategies,
such as the website, blog, newsletter, and social media. This committee may use photos from KOB events for these purposes and create KOB promotional materials.
All sections of this form must be completed. The deadline to submit an application is September 15th, 2023. Approved applicants will receive a follow up email and proceed to the next step in the interview process. We look forward to hearing from you. Good luck!