Youth Leaders Year of Empowerment 2019-2020
This is your application is for the new, year long Youth Leadership program of the Move Mountains Project in San Luis, Colorado. Please complete all questions thoughtfully and accurately. This program focuses on you exploring the power of your voice and your community. We use art, creative problem solving, community action, and respect for the earth to focus our energies and find ways to improve our community. APPLICATION DEADLINE 7/31/19
Required Program Criteria
-Must be a high school student living in zip code 81152
-Must attend 3 meetings with a parent/guardian (Initial Enrollment, Mid-year Review, Exit Interview)
-Must complete monthly Action Plans with Move Mountains Mentor
-Must attend at least 5 of 6 trips throughout the year (dates will be provided)
Upon successful completion of the year-long program, Youth Leaders receive
-$1,000 Stipend released to youth leader
-$1,000 Scholarship to be applied directly to educational/vocational/post-secondary costs within 5 years of program completion
As a Move Mountains Youth Leader, you agree to the following:
1. I will be confident and ready to interact with my peers, elders, facilitators and those different than me with respect, love and kindness.
2. I agree to give my greatest effort when engaging in creative activities such as writing, drawing, singing, dancing, rapping and/or telling my story.
3. I agree to stay substance-free throughout the program. This means that I will not come to any Move Mountain activity while under the influence of any non-prescribed drugs, alcohol or controlled substances.
4. I will RAISE MY VOICE to ask for what we as a group need, to state why we need it, and to ask for others to raise their voices as well.
5. I will exercise my highest level of self-awareness and act in a way to be receptive, open-minded, and honored by a fellow leader approaching me about the agreements we make as Move Mountains Youth Leaders.
I agree with the above Youth Leader expectations
Both my parents and I can commit to the required program criteria listed above
I understand that if I do not successfully complete the program, I may not receive the listed stipend and scholarship in full or at all
Yes, I understand
No, I do not understand
This is where you provide some basic information about yourself.
Example: 123 Main St.
Example: PO Box 28
Example: San Luis, CO
What type of phone is this?
How do you want us to contact you?
Please check all that apply.
Phone call in the AM
Phone call in the PM
When is your birthday?
Month, Date, Year
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service