• Help create the next generation of interactive art. Inspired/powered by: Fine art, experimentation, AI, robotics and science.
• Giving a few artists short-medium term housing while we help grow their skills to become more marketable in tech heavy areas, so they can afford to live there.
• Give artists and creators free/inexpensive access to amazing tools, infrastructure, and advice
• Create an ecosystem of people helping each other do awesome things, growing and deeply investing in each others projects. Everyone involved grows more capable, and hopefully they help others grow.
• Big Picture: Universal Basic Income. Lack of money will not be the long term problem. Lack of purpose and hope will be. For some percent of people, this be a good solution. Robots are coming to do our work. It could be wonderful. But we need to know how to steer it that way - it's unprecedented.
We will be starting in the San Francisco bay area because it has the right mix of resources and frankly, problems to solve.
We have arranged close to $50,000 towards our pilot program for the first year, and we have what would cost $50,000+ in tooling and infrastructure.
• Large laser cutter• Museum quality 44" wide format color printer• Array of 3d Printers• Some sound/lighting/video gear• Lots of interactive art• A modular truck for logistics or exhibition
We also expect to create a fair bit of open source content to make this all easier (tech etc) for everyone.
Please leave your info if you are interested in being involved in any way.