Unit 1- "Black Skin,White Masks" - Frantz Fanon - Black Skin White Mask
Thanks to Ms. Vaidehi Hariyani (Ph.D. Scholar) and Grade Saver for these quiz questions
1.)"Black Skin, White Masks" is a book about the psychology of _.
2.) Frantz Fanon is a _ by profession.
3.)"Black Skin, White Masks" is a _ turned into a book.
4.)The book speaks mainly about people of _ and _ in the early 1950's
5.) The book is divided in to _ Chapters, including _.
6.) "O my body, always make me a man who _!"
7.)When women of colour go after white men and put down men of their own colour Fanon says the cause is just what many of us suspect _.
8.)Which among these are the chapters of this book?
The Black Man and Language
The Woman of Colour and the White Man
The So-Called Dependency Complex of the Colonized
The Lived Experience of the Black Man
The Colour Complex
9.)Most black people in Martinique spoke _ language.
10.)"Black Skin, White Masks" was published in _.
11.) Who was the theorist in dialectics?
12.) What novel does Fanon focus on in his discussion of “Negro Women”?
I AM AUSTRALIAN
I AM A MARTINICIAN
I AM ALGERIAN
I AM FRENCH
13.) Who wrote I Am A Martinician (Je suis Martiniquaise)?
14.) What is the name of an essay by Jean-Paul Sartre?
FRANCE AND THE COLONY
ANTI-SEMITE AND JEW
CHRISTIAN AND MUSLIM
BLACK AND WHITE
15.) Who is a psychoanalyst Fanon engages in the penultimate chapter of the book?
16.) What is the name for a psychopathology related to feelings of inferiority from being abandoned?
PATHOLOGY OF LOSS
17.) What is the term others have used to describe the innate feeling of inferiority in Black people?
PATHOLOGY OF LOSS
18.) What is Fanon’s term for a desire to become whiter?
19.) In order to change the inferiority complex of Black people, we need to change ______.
THE SOCIAL WORLD
THE GENITAL WORLD
THE MENTAL WORLD
THE SYMBOLIC WORLD
20. How old was Fanon when Black Skin, White Masks was published?
21. Where was Fanon from?
22. What is a name of another book by Fanon?
OPPRESSED OF THE EARTH
WRETCHED OF THE EARTH
23. Who was associated with existentialism?
24. Which of the following topics did Sartre write about?
HISTORY OF BLACKNESS
25. What is the name for a purging of pent-up feelings?
26. What is the name for a psychological problem?
27. What is a term for a relation between contradictory things?
28. What is a term for hyper-sensitivity?
29. What is the term for an unconscious sexual desire by children for their parents?
30. What is a symbol of the genital sphere?
31. Who creates the feeling of inferiority in Black people?
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service