Emerson-Franklin / Piney / Stuartburn - 2019 Roads Survey
In collaboration, the RMs of Piney and Stuartburn, and the Municipality of Emerson-Franklin have identified current road designation and usability issues within the area as common and critical tasks to address. Together, the municipalities aim to explore and take actions to remedy the considerable difficulties and frustration residents, local businesses and road users experience and the associated operating impacts that stem from insufficient road capacity and ineffective road designation.
To effectively communicate our shared issues to the government, we need to provide evidence of negative impact. In the process of developing an accurate economic impact study, we need to collect and analyze data on lost productivity, costs associated with additional loading, specific equipment acquisition, additional vehicle use and maintenance, banned deliveries, etc.
We understand the importance of your role as an operator to the local economy and are asking for your help in understanding these details so that we can all work together to create the best possible solutions to the issues at hand. By filling out the attached survey you will be providing us with necessary information to develop a data-driven baseline and evidence for advancing these issues with government.
Please take a few minutes to fill out the below survey. Responses to the survey will be accepted until June 1, 2019.
Your input is greatly appreciated!
1. Do you own a business, farm, homestead or other property that is negatively impacted by MGVW (Maximum Gross Vehicle Weight) restrictions within Emerson-Franklin, Piney, or Stuartburn?
Select all that apply
I own a business
I own a farm
I own a homestead
2. Please describe your business, farm or homestead operation in terms of negative impact as a result of MGVW restrictions. ie. - partial loads, additional KMs travelled, additional vehicle maintenance requirements, additional fuel consumption, etc.
3. Have you purchased “reduced capacity” and/or specialized equipment in order to maintain compliance for your operation with current MGVW road restrictions?
4. Conversely, are you able to realize maximum productivity of your operation and remain compliant with current MGVW road restrictions?
5. Have you had to, or do you expect to, purchase special permits granting temporary relief of MGVW restrictions and penalties?
6. Please list the following to the best of your ability:
# of vehicle/trailer loads per annum impacted by MGVW restrictions:
MGVW you are currently able to realize:
MGVW you would like to realize:
Estimate the number of additional KMs incurred annually as a result of MGVW restrictions:
Average maximum gross vehicle & load weight:
Estimate of your additional fuel consumption as a result of MGVW restrictions (litres/$):
Estimate the cost of temporary relief permits that you will purchase annually:
Estimate the additional labour costs you incur annually as a result of MGVW restrictions:
Estimate your additional vehicle repair and maintenance costs as a result of MGVW restrictions:
Estimate the cost of your lost productivity as a result of MGVW restrictions:
7. Please provide detail on the immediate route and road designation amendments within the RM boundaries that would be most beneficial to your operation.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service