Please read and accept our Terms and Conditions relating to Liability, Privacy, (where applicable) Equipment Use & Charter, and Refunds & Cancellations.
Participation in the sport of sailing carries an inherent risk of injury or death as a result of various causes including accident, injury, exposure or overexertion, which can be minimised by RCSF but not eliminated.
Safety precautions taken by RCSF coaches and staff are not a guarantee of participant safety. Participants’ have an important responsibility to be aware of and comply with the RCSF SAILOR RULES at all times.
RCSF activities are undertaken in a public space and the RCSF cannot at all times suitably manage the actions of the public.
The participant is sufficiently fit and healthy to safely undertake RCSF activities, and all medical conditions or injuries have been disclosed.
In the event a participant is injured during RCSF activities, emergency medical treatment may be administered by the coaches and/or volunteers.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, the RCSF are not liable for any physical or financial injury, loss or damage, personal injury or death, or consequential loss or damage, of any kind arising in conjunction with, prior to, during, or after RCSF activities.
The acknowledgments and exclusions of the RCSF’s liability set out under these Terms & Conditions continue to apply throughout a sailor's involvement in the Russell Coutts Sailing Foundation programme and any other events associated with the Russell Coutts Sailing Foundation Trust.
Photographs and videos featuring participants’ may be taken during RCSF (and associated) activities.
The Russell Coutts Sailing Foundation may use, distribute or make available, for any commercial or non-commercial purpose, all and any media (including for printed publications, promotional materials, digital media and/or for training purposes) in perpetuity.
Participants' and/or their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) shall notify the Russell Coutts Sailing Foundation in writing prior to the commencement of the participant's course, should they not wish to be identified in any photos or videos. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
We collect personal information from you, including information about you and/or the participant(s) you are registering on behalf of. This may include:
- contact information
We collect this personal information in order to:
- contact you regarding Russell Coutts Sailing Foundation activities and events
- make sure we have emergency contact information available for all participants
- provide the most age and level appropriate coaching service to each participant
We keep your information safe by storing it in password protected locations and only allowing certain staff to access it .
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at email@example.com.
From time to time sailors may be asked to swap boats or equipment, or a sailor may have opted to use or charter RCSF equipment for a course or event. The designated sailor(s) and their responsible guardian(s) (for any sailor under 18 years of age) acknowledge and agree;
- equipment lent or chartered is at the sole discretion of the RCSF and additional terms may be imposed
- to be solely responsible for the condition and timely return of all RCSF equipment hired, used or in their care
- only a RCSF coach, trustee or employee is permitted to check RCSF equipment in or out. The equipment must be clearly labelled, the condition must be noted, and a return date must be stipulated
- to cover all costs of repair or replacement for equipment accidentally damaged or lost, subject to the discretion of the RCSF or their employees
- if in the view of RCSF staff, equipment damage or loss is as a result of negligence or intentional mistreatment, then the participant and where relevant their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) will liable for full replacement cost
- there are inherent risks involved in sailing and it's confirmed that the registered sailor and any intended crew have the appropriate experience for the safe operation of the hired equipment
- the RCSF shall not be held liable for any and all loss, damage or injury/death sustained in connection with the use of the equipment used or chartered
- to treat equipment chartered or used with care and wash down the equipment after every use in salt water
- to return all equipment to the RCSF at the agreed time and location, and present it neat and tidy in the condition in which it was received it in
- that the equipment or items will not be sub-lent or used by any other than the registered sailor(s), unless by prior arrangement in writing with the RCSF, or as directed by a RCSF coach.
REFUNDS & CANCELLATIONS
- no refunds will be made when a sailor chooses not to continue with the course they are registered in
- any lessons that are missed due to weather conditions that make running the session unsafe, will be rescheduled where possible
By signing below I assert that I have read, understood, and agree to all of the documents I have selected above.Enter your name *