Ellendale EDA CARES Act Small Business Relief Program
This program was created to provide economic support to small businesses and not-for-profits to reimburse the costs of business interruption caused by required closures.
$50,000 was allocated to this program. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis until 5 p.m. on October 20, 2020, or until funds are depleted (whichever occurs first).
All grant awards are intended to provide emergency relief for costs associated with critical business expenses that are incurred as a direct result of the current health emergency.
1. The business or not-for-profit must have a physical location within the City of Ellendale City limits.
2. Any Ellendale business or not-for-profit that experienced business interruption as a result of COVID-19 and the Governor's
Executive Orders is eligible to apply.
3. The business must have experienced business interruption from COVID-19 between March 15, 2020 to present.
4. Eligible businesses and not-for-profits must be in good standing with the City of Ellendale and the State of Minnesota.
5. The business or not-for-profit must have been in operation since March 1, 2020.
6. The business or not-for-profit must employ between 1-50 employees (including ownership).
Eligible Expenses Include:
1. Commercial rent or mortgage payments.
2. Utility payments.
3. Inventory costs.
4. Paying other direct business-related bills.
5. Costs incurred to purchase supplies including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
6. Technological improvements to online platforms essential to operations during COVID-19.
7. Professional services acquired to create preparedness plans.
8. Outdoor business operations (incl. the cost of constructing outdoor facilities either temporary or permanent to allow service to customers with proper social distancing).
9. Outdoor seating and seating areas established because of COVID-19 (incl. the cost of conversion of an area, parking lot, or open area, adjacent to a dining facility to accommodate additional outdoor seating).
11. Signage and markings relating to the operation of the business in accordance with the Covid-19 guidelines (e.g. "masks required" signage, social distancing signage/markers, etc.).
12. Checkout counter modifications such as the installation of screens and buffers to allow for proper social
13. HVAC improvements/air purification systems/etc. purchased to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
14. Other necessary, non-payroll expenses.
(PLEASE NOTE: Funds may NOT be used for the same expenses for which your business received any other source of federal funds. Any expenses paid with SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) or EIDL Advance, State of Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic
Development (DEED) Small Business Relief Grant, Steele County Small Business Relief Program, or other grant or forgivable loan are ineligible for these funds)
This program will function by:
1. Business owners will fill out this application in its entirety.
2. Business owners will be required to submit supporting documentation to
Applications will not be reviewed until all documentation has been received.
3. Each business will be eligible for reimbursement up to $3,500.
4. Approved businesses will receive reimbursement by check to the mailing address provided in their application.
5. Only one application per business will be accepted.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this program, please contact the City Clerk at
or (507) 684-2681.
The EDA reserves the right of ultimate review and will determine the approval of submitted applications. To receive funds from this program, businesses must be current on all obligations to the City.
1. Business Name
2. Business Address
3. Mailing Address (if different than business address above)
4. How many full-time employees does your business currently have?
5. How many part-time employees does your business currently have?
6. Contact Name
First and last name
7. Contact Email
8. Contact Phone number
9. Do you certify that your business is in good standing with the State of MN and the City of Ellendale?
10. What is your business' estimated loss from March 15, 2020- present? *Please note, you will be required to provide profit and loss or revenue and expense statements to demonstrate this loss.
11. Was your business ordered to close or reduce operations due to the 2020 State of Emergency Executive Orders?
12. Please describe how COVID-19 and the Governor's Executive Orders have negatively impacted your business' operations and revenue and how these grant funds are necessary.
13. How much are you requesting from this program? (up to $3,500)
14. Which necessary expenses are you requesting grant funding to help cover? Please note that you will be required to provided documentation/proof of purchase between March 15, 2020-present:
Direct business related bills
Outdoor business operation expenses
Outdoor seating/seating areas
Signage and markings
Checkout counter modifications
Professional services to create preparedness plans
HVAC improvements/air purification systems/etc. purchased to prevent the spread of COVID-19
Other necessary, non-payroll expenses
15. Below, provide information on each of the items you're requesting grant funding (up to $3,500) to cover. Please note that you'll be required to submit documentation/proof of purchase between March 15, 2020-present.
16. Is there any other information you would like us to be aware of regarding your business' impact or the potential use of grant funds?
17. Have you received economic relief funding from any of the following programs (please check all that apply):
Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL)/EIDL Advance
MN Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) Business Relief Grant
DEED Small Business Emergency Loan
Steele County Business Relief Program
18. If you received funding from any of the above resource programs, please detail the amount for each below.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of CEDA.