In establishing the rules for applications for SIGMA Pitch we ‘borrowed’ what we thought were the best ideas from a few tech associations and incubators, such as Tech Stars.
For starters, it's ok to break the rules. That's what entrepreneurship is about. Just so long as you don't break more than two of them.
1. More than just a concept. We are looking for companies that are beyond just the ‘concept phase’. There must be a demonstrable product and we will heavily favor those able to bring a technical as well as commercial team member to show the company is built on solid technology.
2. ‘Early Stage’ only. We are looking for early stage companies. Ideally, we are looking at those at prototype stage or who’ve launched in the last few months, and so haven’t gained significant media/investment attention and also are not at the idea concept! Publicly traded or large, well-known private companies are not eligible (this rule cannot be broken!).
3. Ready to deploy capital. It is preferable but not required that the company or project must not have raised a large amount of money from institutional investors (small amounts from friends, family and mentors are ok, but the key word is 'small'). Also, this is not a forum for established companies seeking later stage capital or strategic exits (this rule cannot be broken!).
4. SIGMA Pitch is for new companies and entrepreneurs to gain attention and investment; it is not for established companies to launch new products or even divisions. (this rule cannot be broken!).
5. Totally committed. The fewer existing commitments you have, and the more you can do to prove you are determined to execute the better.
6. Scalable Solution. We are looking for entrepreneurs with a unique perspective that are looking to take a scalable business solution to the next level.
7. English Speaking. While we are looking for solutions and businesses that span the globe, SIGMA Pitch is an English speaking event, hence English proficiency is required.
8. We strongly encourage you to prepare a Pitch Video to so we can promote your pitch prior to the event.
Important: As we receive a large number of submissions, we may not be able to carry out follow-up interviews and will be basing our selection on what’s in the submissions only.
Therefore, it is very important that you fill out all required sections of the submission form and answer all the questions thoroughly while respecting the word limit.
These forms will be distributed to the investors and attendees present during the SiGMA Pitch 2017 so they can make informed decisions about your start-ups.
Submission deadline: 15th July 2017