Advocates for Urban Agriculture & NeighborSpace, in partnership with the Urban Ag Partners and the Chicago Food Equity Council, are again providing city hydrant access support to Chicagoland urban growers for the 2023 growing season. Please read through this form carefully, as there is much information provided here.
Please watch this video if you would like to get very detailed information about how to apply for city hydrant use.
*Access Passcode: 0NFCw%?2
1. FILL OUT THIS FORM FOR BOTH NEW AND RENEWED SUPPORT. SUPPORT OPPORTUNITIES INCLUDE:
***RPZ Units (required for permit)
***CERTIFICATION OF RPZ UNITS (required for permit)
***INSURANCE FOR HYDRANT (required for permit)
***SQUARE FOOTAGE FEE FOR WATER (required for permit)
2. IF YOU RECEIVED AN RPZ UNIT LAST YEAR, IT STILL NEEDS TO BE CERTIFIED YEARLY; PLEASE USE THIS FORM TO SIGN UP FOR OUR BULK CERTIFICATION DAY ON Saturday, March 25th, at Center for Green Technology. Once you sign up for this certification day, we will reach back out with additional details.
3. As a reminder, if your farm/garden is planning on using city hydrant water access, you will need to apply for a permit each year. You can start the application now, even if you don't have a rpz serial number or certification, that can be added at a later date. Either way, get your application as soon possible at this URL. http://hup.buildinganewchicago.org/#/home
4. As a reminder, watch video above, it will answer many tricky questions.
5. To help navigate the application process, and you still have questions after watching the video, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.