PFCA Survey - March 2017
The Pacific Field Corn Association invites you to participate in a survey to assess perceptions of the impacts and risks of climate change on agriculture. This survey should take under 10 minutes to complete and your feedback will be a part of the final project report. Please note that the survey is for information purposes only and is totally confidential.
Survey Questions – please pick the best answer (one) from the options below and/or jot down your thoughts in the boxes. Skip questions that do not apply.
1. Where do you farm or reside?
BC - Lower mainland
BC - Vancouver Island
BC - Okanagan
BC - Other
2. What is your sector and employment in agriculture?
Farmer/Grower - Livestock
Farmer/Grower - Horticultural
Farmer/Grower - Mixed
Farmer/Grower - Other
Allied industry (company, supplier, consultant)
Government, University, Research
3. How would you rate YOUR awareness of the possible impact of climate change (e.g. warmer average annual temperatures, changing rain and snowfall patterns, increasing variability) on your farming operation or the local farm community in your region?
4. Do you think that climate change is affecting agriculture?
5. Climate change WILL affect agriculture in the next 10 years?
Neither Agree or disagree
6. What do you think is/are the main issues/concerns to agriculture from climate change? (select your highest 3)
More frequent and extreme weather events (wildfire, storms, extreme precipitation)
Extended summer dry periods and drought
Flooding - Site specific flooding linked to extreme rain events/run-off
Flooding - Freshet flooding; changing timing of freshet
Flooding - Sea level rise
Crop and/or animal diseases
Increased pressure from pests and invasive species
Variability and/or unpredictable timing for key agricultural activities (e.g. changing seasonality)
7. What do you think will be the main impact(s) of climate change on agricultural production? (select one or more)
Increased cost of farm production
Disruption of food supply
Increased cost of food for the consumer
Survival of family farms
Increased complexity of farm management
8. Are there things you are doing on your farm to address the impacts and risks from climate change?
9. What is the most important climate information you will require in the future? (e.g. better short term weather prediction, better long term weather predictions, current climate data, climate adaptation information, farm practices support, etc.)
10. How would you like to receive tools or information?
Cell phone apps
Social media - Facebook
Social media - Twitter
Social media - Linkedin
Social media - Other
Enter your phone # if you would like to be entered into a draw for a $50 gift certificate from the business of your choice
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Pacific Field Corn Association.