Wesley Fellows Internship Program 2021-2022
The “Wesley Fellows” program will hire approximately four to six Penn State undergraduate students to explore their vocation through an area of service and ministry in which they have particular interest. Areas of service might include: mission and justice, spiritual formation, coffeehouse administration/hospitality management, children/youth ministry, health ministry, etc.… The internships would include a stipend and be under the direction of the Director of Campus Ministry and the ministry director for each specific area.
What: A yearlong internship experience, with stipend, for Penn State undergraduate students who have an interest exploring their vocation and gaining experience serving in a variety of ministry and/or non-profit settings.
The following internship experiences available in 2021-2022 :
- Abba Java Coffeehouse (volunteer management, events, student org liaison)
- Abba Java/Wesley Spiritual Formation (oversee Prayer Chapel space, plan/promote studies and conversation topics, spiritual formation activities)
- Abba Java/Wesley Community Service (organize & promote service events, oversee Wesley's Closet)
- St Paul's UMC Children's Ministry (2nd Sundays monthly programming, Sunday School)
- Do you have another area of interest with regard to the Wesley Foundation/Abba Java or St Paul's UMC?
- A student who support, believes in and advocates for the Christian mission of ST. Paul's UMC, Wesley PSU and Abba Java Coffeehouse.
- A current undergrad Penn State Student who has completed at least on school year by Fall 2021.
- Strong organizational & communication skills
- Ability to think creatively!
- Comfortable working with a diverse group of peers and non-students.
- Able to serve approximately 8-10 hours a week: including flexible day, weekend and evening hours
- Must complete St Paul's UMC Safe Sanctuary training and background clearances before beginning work.
Other General Internship Experiences and Expectations:
- Act like a servant leader--work for the best of the community as a whole and move the mission of the ministry forward.
- Engage with a mentor from St. Paul's UMC congregation
- Be willing to engage in regular reflection on your own personal vocational journey.
- Attend Bi-Monthly Intern Meetings
- Attend 1 retreat per semester
State College (Local) Address
What interests you about this program?
In what particular area(s) of service/ministry are you interested?
Abba Java Coffeehouse (volunteer management, events, student org liaison)
Abba Java/Wesley Spiritual Formation (oversee Prayer Chapel space, plan/promote studies and conversation topics, spiritual formation activities)
Abba Java/Wesley Community Service (organize & promote service events, oversee Wesley's Closet)
St Paul's UMC Children's Ministry (2nd Sundays monthly programming, Sunday School)
What gifts/skills do you have that you help you in this work?
What led you to your field of study?
What is (has been) your relationship with faith and the church?
Please give three references with phone numbers/email addresses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service