Origins 2019 Games on Demand – Game Facilitator Form
Welcome Game Facilitators!
We'd love to have you join us and help run an excellent round of "indie" role-playing games in the Games on Demand room at the Origins Games Fair in Columbus, OH from June 12-16, 2019.
GoD is structured like this:
You can run 4-hour one-shot tabletop RPGs, run 4-hour larps, or Host at our registration table. Volunteers who work 16+ hours get a badge. Games need to be one-shots that presume no previous knowledge of the game so that we're welcoming to new players. When you facilitate a game, you need to collect 2 generic tokens from everyone who's playing. We do our best to make sure everyone who runs a game gets a table, but sometimes it works out that there won't be enough players or interest for every GM to run a game every slot they're scheduled. We will make a game facilitator and registration table host schedule as best we can based on your preferences from this form.
- Facilitators who run games for 1-3 slots get our gratitude, and we will comp you the generic token to play in another GoD game if your game doesn't run. You still need to get your own Origins badge.
- Facilitators who run games for 4+ slots (16 hours) get their GM badge comped, in addition to comp'ing you as above.
- Hosts who help us out at the registration table for 4+ slots (16 hours) get their GM badge comped.
- You can mix and match, and do both Facilitating and Hosting for a total of 16+ hours for a badge as well.
- Note that we will not put down any one person for more than 4 slots of facilitation + 2 slots of registration table work.
- We are looking for Facilitators for games on specific tracks. Freeform/Larp means you'd want to help run a freeform game or larp in an afternoon or evening slot. Kids Track means you'd be interested in running some kid-friendly RPGs. The Pre-Registered Track is there to spotlight specific titles on the program and secure an additional room for us.
IMPORTANT: Our event is inclusive, anti-racist, queer-friendly, and welcoming to gamers of all backgrounds. We expect that you as facilitators will help us achieve this goal as well.
Before we let you start prepping and anticipating, we'd like to have a few facts about you on file.
If you could fill out these details by March 31, 2019 we'd be most grateful!
On what days do you expect to attend Origins?
Check all that apply
The Whole Con (Wed. - Sun.)
I really don't know yet - I'll tell you later!
Preferred E-mail Address
In which time slots would you prefer to run events for Games on Demand?
Check all that apply. Remember to plan some breaks!
Thurs. morning (9 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
Thurs. afternoon (2 p.m. to 6 p.m.)
Thurs. evening (8 p.m. to midnight)
Fri. morning (9.a.m. to 1 p.m.)
Fri. afternoon (2 p.m. to 6 p.m.)
Fri. evening (8 p.m. to midnight)
Sat. morning (9 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
Sat. afternoon (2 p.m. to 6 p.m.)
Sat. evening (8 p.m. to midnight)
Sun. morning (9 a.m. to noon)
I really don't know yet.
I'm open for any slot you give me.
Would you be willing to work the registration table in at least one slot?
You would help muster the players for each slot and find them their proper games and game facilitators.
Yes, I would like to only work the registration table as a host for 16+ hours
Yes, for multiple slots
Yes, but only for one slot
Tell us 2 games you are excited about.
These are non-binding selections. You'll have a chance to officially submit your items for the game menus later.
Are you interested in being involved with any of these Games on Demand-affiliated tracks?
Check any that apply, and we'll include you in those discussions. Otherwise, please ignore and move on!
Anything else you recommend the organizers of Games on Demand should take into account?
Now's your chance!
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service