Governor, State Representatives and important issue initiatives such as recreational marijuana usage and raising the minimum wage. GJN is using these elections as an opportunity to build local electoral power in Metro-Detroit focusing on fighting these issues:
● End mass incarceration and invest in job opportunities
● Create affordable, dignified housing for all
● Halt climate change and transition to a just, green economy
● Create a public school system that is safe and fully funded across Michigan
Electoral Organizing Fellows will receive extensive training, mentorship, and leadership development and have the opportunity for upward mobility through the organization.
The Fellows will primarily be conducting extensive door-to-door voter outreach within targeted precincts in Metro Detroit. Under the mentorship and supervision of the Good Jobs Now Leadership Team, fellows will be trained to have conversations with people about registering to vote, about what issues matter to them and about getting involved in mobilizing other voters in November.
Additionally, Fellows will participate in an ongoing training program that will teach participants how to motivate others toward taking action, learn the history of and challenges facing the social justice movement, and develop a systems-based analysis of the power structures at the local, state, and federal level.
Fellowship graduates will be connected with other professional development and job opportunities within the social justice community as Alumni of the program.
Requirements and Expectations:
Be 17 and up
● Be motivated to making change in Metro Detroit
● Be willing to work with a culturally, religiously, and economically diverse group of partners, members,
● Be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
● Be an effective communicator who is comfortable talking to strangers and asking people to take action
● Be willing to think and talk about how their struggles connect to other people’s struggles
Compensation and Directions to Apply:
Fellows will receive $15 per hour and work 36 hours per week starting September 17th and ending November 10th.
Applicants should have good people skills and enthusiasm for leadership development.
Women, people of color, and LGBTQ persons are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
For more information about Good Jobs Now, visit goodjobsnow.org.
Location: Detroit, MI