PARENTS: PLEASE READ
The Longview Independent School District is under a Final Consent Decree issued by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, Tyler Division, on December 22, 2014. The Consent Decree established federal rules under which students can transfer from one campus to another campus within the Longview School District. The following rules were decreed by the court order.
Except as otherwise provided, students in the Longview Independent School District shall attend the school located in the geographical school zone in which they reside.
• The District shall permit an African American student assigned to Ned E. Williams Elementary School to transfer to Johnston-McQueen Elementary School grades PK-5.
• The District shall permit a White student assigned to Johnston-McQueen Elementary School to transfer to East Texas Montessori Prep Academy grades PK-K.
• The District shall permit a White student assigned to Johnston-McQueen Elementary School to transfer to South Ward Elementary School, Ware Elementary School, or Ned E. Williams Elementary School grades 1-5.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE LONGVIEW INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT MAJORITY-TO-MINORITY TRANSFER POLICY.
• Parents must acknowledge and agree to the terms of the transfer policy in order to complete the application.
• Parents are required to apply for a transfer each school year.
TRANSPORTATION IS PROVIDED AND PRIORITIZED FOR M-TO-M TRANSFER STUDENTS
IN ORDER TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION
You will need your student’s LISD identification number to complete the application. If you have a child that you want to transfer who has never been enrolled in LISD, then you can use the temporary identification number of 77777.
Administrative and Pupil Services