To PARTICIPATE in MOFO HOCKEY, you must: 1. read, know & honor the rules of the league; 2. read the waiver below and the sportsmanship and fair play agreement below and agree to them; 3. fill in the registration information and submit it using the “submit” button; 4. be placed on a team roster by a team captain; 5. make sure that you’re signed up for the MOFO mailing list.
We require every player to sign a waiver prior to participating in the league. All players in the adult leagues must at least 18 years of age to participate, unless they have a separate waiver form signed by a parent or legal guardian.
The waiver form helps players understand that there are risks associated with playing sports and that by participating in our events you are assuming these risks.
The information collected by us through the registration and waiver form is for the sole use of our organization and will never be sold or knowingly shared with third parties without your consent.
TO REGISTER, fill out this registration form and submit it BEFORE YOU PARTICIPATE IN ANY PROGRAM. Teams found playing with non-registered players may face forfeiture of games. You can also print out the form, fill it out, sign it, and submit it to the league manager in person.
HOCKEY, INC (d.b.a. MOFO HOCKEY) OF NEW YORK CITY LIABILITY WAIVER and SPORTSMANSHIP AND FAIR PLAY AGREEMENT
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT. BY COMPLETING THIS DOCUMENT YOU WILL WAIVE CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS,INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE. PLEASE READ THIS CONTRACT CAREFULLY.
Group Organizer’s Name: Hockey, Inc (d.b.a. Mofo Hockey), and all of its recognized programs herein after referred to as Mofo
TO: Hockey, Inc (d.b.a. Mofo Hockey), and all of its recognized programs herein after referred to as Mofo
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS:
I am aware that participating in the activities and sports, without limitation, offered by or associated with Mofo, exposes me to many inherent risks, dangers and hazards. By engaging in any activities offered by or associated with Mofo, I freely accept and fully assume all inherent risks, dangers and hazards and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage or loss resulting there from.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY WAIVER OF CLAIMS & INDEMNITY AGREEMENT:In consideration of Mofo permitting me to participate in its activities and sports, permitting me to the use of its equipment and permitting me the use of its facilities, I hereby agree as follows:
1. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may in the future have against Mofo, and its directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, assigns and successors.
2. T0 RELEASE Mofo, and its directors, officers, employees, agents,representatives, assigns and successors from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that I may suffer or that my next of kin may suffer, as a result of my participation in activities and sports offered by Mofo, due to any cause whatsoever INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT,AND BREACH OF STATUTORY DUTY OF CARE ON THE PART OF Mofo and its directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, assigns and successors.
3. TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY Mofo, and directors, officers, employees,agents, representatives, assigns and successors from any and all liability for any property damage or personal injury to any third party, resulting from my activities and my participation in the activities offered by or associated with Mofo.
4. That this Agreement shall be effecting and binding upon any heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns in the event of my death.
5. I have read and understood this Agreement prior to submitting, signing or emailing it. I am aware that by either submitting, signing OR emailing this Agreement, I am waiving certain legal rights which I or any heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns may have against Mofo and its directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, assigns and successors.
6. I affirm that I am 18 years of age or older.
7. SPORTSMANSHIP AND FAIR PLAY
a. I have read, understand and will abide by the rules of the Mofo league or program for which I'm registering.
b. I understand that I am responsible for my own fouls and behavior.
c. I understand that if it is reported by a referee, league official or an opponent that I have behaved in an unsportsmanlike manner or have not played by the rules that I could be suspended or expelled from the league with no refund.
d. I understand that my team captain is the only person from my team who can approach and address a referee or the opposing captain during a game. It is my responsibility to let my captain know of my concerns so he or she can appropriately address the concerns.