Membership is presently free, and open to anyone over the age of 18 identifying themselves as a Tasmanian filmmaker.
For more information, read this document:http://tafa.org.au/tafa.pdf
1. The Tasmanian film industry has economic and cultural value to the state.
2. Government support is necessary for an active and healthy Tasmanian film industry. This support should be responsive to the unique challenges of filmmaking in Tasmania and provided in a consultative, transparent, and accountable way.
3. While support for inbound production is valuable, prioritising Tasmanian filmmakers is crucial to developing a strong local industry and screen culture.
4. Emerging Tasmanian filmmakers require ongoing support, including training, facilitated community, and access to equipment.
5. Early to mid career Tasmanian filmmakers require access to financing for both project development and production.
6. Tasmanian filmmakers are responsible for the development of an inclusive, safe, and sustainable production industry.