1. Outstanding Tutor of the Year Award
This award recognizes innovative approaches to tutoring/consulting, the quality of work with writers, and the articulation of a tutoring/consulting philosophy. While any member of the writing center staff who tutors may be nominated for the Outstanding Tutor of the Year award, it is generally given to those who hold tutoring positions.
2. Tutor Leadership Award
This award recognizes the leadership contributions of undergraduate-student, graduate-student, and staff writing center tutors, including but not limited to administrative work, development of new programs, writing center training innovations, presentation of writing center work in academic and non-academic forums, community outreach, work with special populations, and creativity in writing center programing/services. While any tutor may be nominated for the Tutor Leadership Award, it is generally given to tutors who hold positions of leadership in their writing centers: for instance, assistants to the director, assistant directors, graduate coordinators, and lead tutors are the most likely candidates for this award.
Awards: $200 Cash Award and an Award Certificate
Nomination Process: Please adhere to the following guidelines as the process has changed:
1. Individual institutions are welcome to nominate writing consultants for both awards; however, each tutor/consultant should only be nominated for one award per year and each institution should only nominate one tutor/consultant in each category. Award recipients are ineligible for the same award in the following year.
2. Nominators should work with the nominee to complete this form, which requires a statement of support from the nominator and a personal statement from the nominee. Neither the personal statement nor the recommendation should mention the nominee’s full name or institution. Please refer to the nominee by first name and last initial, so we can evaluate nominations through a blind review process.
3. Submit all nominations by completing the form below by February 26, 2018, midnight EST
4. We recommend that nominators also send a copy of the nomination recommendation and the tutor statement to Trixie Smith, email@example.com, Chair of the Awards Committee.