We are offering a limited number of scholarships for this
unique camp experience. If chosen, scholarship recipients must complete a camp
registration form, pay a $30 registration fee per week, and provide an
emergency release form so that we can process your enrollment. WAWA education
and administrative staff will award scholarships based on the following
▪ Financial need (Household Income)
▪ Proximity to the Outdoor Activity center
▪ Interest and involvement in environmental education/nature/the outdoors
▪ Potential for growth and development through the O-Academy experience
▪ Previously received an O-Academy scholarship
▪ Preference given to youth/families that identify as Black and/or of African descent
Scholarship recipients must adhere to the following:
▪ Your application must be submitted by Feb 28, 2023 at 11:59PM EST.
▪ Scholarship recipients will be expected to attend the full week of camp.
▪ Scholarship recipients will commit to completing a video testimony, which will be conducted by a WAWA staff member on the last day of camp. The video will be used as feedback to improve the camp, and the video will also be used on WAWA’s digital channels to promote O-Academy in the future.
▪Once the family has received notification that they are a recipient, scholarship recipients will be required to pay a $30 registration fee when registering for camp via the EventBrite registration,
▪ Priority will be given to families that have not received an O-ACADEMY scholarship previously.
Please note that Critter Camp is a 1-week camp only happening from April 3-7.