Before swimming in the Willamette River with the “River Hugger Swim Team”, you are required to read and acknowledge this agreement.
1. I am over the age of 18 years. Participants under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by an adult.
2. I know that swimming is inherently dangerous with the risk of drowning and death. I know that swimming in the Willamette River involves additional risks, known and unknown, including but not limited to, risks due to tides, currents and debris. I know that the Willamette River is a busy waterway, and by swimming in it, I am exposing myself to additional risks, known and unknown, including but not limited to, collision with watercraft.
3. I know that there is no lifeguard, and there are only extremely limited safety precautions in place for my swim. I will not enter the water if I am unsure of my condition and ability. I shall not swim or enter the water if feeling unwell. I agree that while participating in the Human Access Mayoral Swim, I will not consume alcoholic beverages.
4. In the event I get into difficulty during the swim session I shall roll on to my back and signal for rescue by raising either the left or right arm in the air.
5. I will provide the appropriate contact details in the event of emergency and agree these can be kept in the appropriate record files until the end of the swim season. I will not enter into the space of the other water users.
7. I agree to take full responsibility for my belongings while participating with the River Hugger Swim Team Mayoral Swim and take away any litter.
8. I acknowledge it is my responsibility to have the correct insurance to cover against any injuries or losses I may incur while participating in the “River Hugger Swim Team” swim. I acknowledge that Human Access Project takes no responsibility for any injuries to me or others. I acknowledge that the “River Hugger Swim Team” (which is not a legal entity) takes no responsibility for any injuries to me or others.
9. I acknowledge my legal responsibility not to put myself at risk or others at risk due to my own actions or omissions. I hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Human Access Project, its respective administrators, directors, agents, and/or employees of the organization, volunteers, other participants, sponsoring agencies, and advertisers, all of which are hereinafter referred to as "releasees", from demands, losses or damages on account of injury, including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence or faults of the releasees
THE UNDERSIGNED HAS READ THE ABOVE WAIVER AND RELEASE, UNDERSTANDS THAT THE UNDERSIGNED HAS GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT AND SIGNS IT VOLUNTARILY