The 2013 Latino/a Student Cultural Center Civic Engagement Award ceremony will be held at Northeastern University’s Egan Raytheon Amphitheater on Friday, February 8, 2013 at 6pm.
Faculty, staff or students may nominate a student or students for this award. Students may not apply for consideration on their own behalf. Final nominations and a copy of high school transcript must be submitted by January 25, 2013 to:
Latino/a Student Cultural Center, 120FA
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115-5000
Nomination letters should be no longer than one type written page (in English) and must accompany this form in addition to copy of high school transcript. (Approx. 400 words or less)
Standards to consider for your Nomination Letter
When considering a student(s) for candidacy, we encourage nominators to reflect on the following criteria:
• What service programs, projects or organizations has the nominee participated in? List projects, programs, organizations, awards and include dates.
• Has the nominee created any community service based projects, programs, or organizations while at school? List projects, programs, organizations and include dates.
• Does the nominee exemplify leadership skills that surpass other leaders/peers?
• How has the nominee represented themselves to their academic community as well as those in their neighborhood?
• How has the nominee impacted their communities?
• To what extent has the nominee improved the quality of life of others locally/globally?
• How has this nominee’s personal character made him or her especially qualified for this award?
If you have any questions regarding the LSCC Civic Engagement Award, please contact Rebecca Veira, Assistant Director and Program Coordinator, at 617-373-5845 or firstname.lastname@example.org.