2020 Covington Leads Application
The Center for Great Neighborhoods is providing an opportunity for Covington residents to grow leadership skills while creating a project, program, or event that will improve or enhance their neighborhood. This 13 week program will pay participants for their time, provide funding towards each project, and will guide participants through the development of their project.
Who should apply?
No specific experience is necessary. We are looking for enthusiastic participants who have an interest in their community and a desire to learn new skills. Covington Leads might be for you if any of the following are true:
· You have an idea to improve your neighborhood
· You see a problem in your neighborhood but aren’t sure where to start
· You like to work with people to find solutions to problems
· You see something great in your neighborhood and want it to grow
What to expect?
Covington Leads participants will meet once a week on Saturday mornings, 9am-12pm, March 14th to May 6th. Participants have the opportunity to earn up to $500 for their time and will have an additional $500 available to spend on their project.
Applications are due by February, February 18th.
Please contact Jameela Salaah with any questions.
Covington Leads participants will meet on Saturday mornings, 9am-12pm starting March 14th
- Weeks 1-7: paid training, working with The Center and other experts, you will take an idea, improve it, and grow it into something that will benefit your community. You will learn skills like developing and refining an idea, creating a budget, event marketing, volunteer management, and other project management skills.
- Weeks 8-12: unpaid, you will put the project into action through an event, activity, or program
- Week 13: celebrating what you accomplished and sharing what you learned
We will compensate participants $50 per week for weeks 1-7, with the opportunity to earn $150 in bonuses ($50 for completing all classes; $100 for completing the project) and make $500 available to be spent on each project.
Email Address (if you use one)
Tell us about yourself.
Please share at least 3 things that excites you about Covington or your community?
Why are you interested in this program?
How would you like to improve your city or your neighborhood? This can be an idea for a project or just something that concerns you. We will continue to work with you on this idea during the Covington Leads process.
Name at least 3 skills you think you can bring to the program to help make it a success?
Name at least 3 skills you want to develop while participating in the program?
Please type your name and the date to serve as an electronic signature, agreeing that you have read the above program description and that the schedule works for you and you will be able to make all classes.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service