2022-2023 SSYRA Book Suggestion Form
The SSYRA Committee accepts suggestions of book titles to be considered for the SSYRA list. Books suggested between June 1, 2020 and April 30, 2021 will be considered for the 2022-2023 SSYRA lists. Suggested titles will be considered regardless of the number of times a title is nominated; suggesting a title more than once will not ensure its inclusion on the reading list or the SSYRA list.
Books suggested for the SSYRA list must:
• Be fiction (no non-fiction, poetry, or picture book titles will be considered);
• Have an original copyright date of 2019, 2020, or 2021;
• Be age-appropriate for either grades 3-5 or grades 6-8 (or both);
• Be the first in a series (if it is part of a series);
• Have literary merit and appeal to young readers;
• Have received a favorable review in at least one of the professional reviewing publications. Examples included, but are not limited to: Booklist, Hornbook, Kirkus, School Library Journal, etc.
Your Email Address:
Reading / Literacy Coach
Suggested Book Title:
Date of the book's ORIGINAL publication (Books published prior to 2019 will not be considered)
This book is best suited for:
Grades 3-5 (SSYRA Elementary)
Grades 6-8 (SSYRA Middle)
Reasons for suggesting this book:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service